Sales Planning Manager
Job TitleSales Planning Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the voice of the customer with the marketing departments and execute the marketing strategy and plans to the field.
You are responsible for
The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for driving the alignment and execution of the sales and marketing plans for a specific category(s) or segment of the business in conjunction with the Sr. Sales Planning Manager, where applicable.
- Supporting the development of commercial propositions for new product development initiatives within a category context, monitor the result of launches and track new item distribution goals by channel. You will support the development of shopper defined channel strategies and set channel objectives. In addition, you will also assist in planning and tracking product distribution and program deployment at retail. You will be the primary owner of market equity across channels working to avoid channel conflict. Partner with Category Management to support the category view while developing selling stories. Work with both marketing and sales to establish and execute Product (distribution), pricing, promotion, and placement objectives.
- Represent the interest of the customer with other functional areas teaming up with Senior Manager in supporting the delivery of long lead plans ( innovation plans, MIP delivery, or BMCs)
- Key interface for field sales and the contact for activation planning, working internally to coordinate with Marketing and Finance on key activation initiatives.
- Drive the execution of sales planning activation in support of building the core business through coordination <3m business results through close monitoring of AOP vs Actual vs Gap
- Team up with customer business managers on closing key opportunities, with support of Marketing
- Ongoing knowledge and management of AOP/Forecast/Gap (monitor monthly sales)
- Drive the creation of activation plans and solutions
- Team up with Sales and Marketing to execute and track promotional programs in line with national strategy and brand standards
- Manage the excess stock process for designated categories
- Manage market activation ensuring proper trade and channel management
- Execute process and template to review plans across customers and monitor vs. strategy and MAP (promo grid)
- Support channel strategy development with Marketing support, translating brand standards and must dos into activation. Marketing owns consumer strategy, Sales Planning owns channel execution strategy
- Partner with Category Management and Shopper Insights as needed to support fact based development of plans
- Coordinate and monitor MAP plan for designated category including ongoing price updates and resolution of weekly monitoring of activity.
- Support business planning by reviewing, augmenting, and supporting key account planning
- Consistent collaboration and touch points with the customer business teams ensuring ongoing visibility to customer initiatives.
- Support stronger customer engagement by field Sales through the execution of Sales tools.
- Maintain and utilize account calendar to drive meeting prep by field sales teams
- Embed the line review process with field sales driving for usage and application before customer calls
- Execute new item sales materials, key selling stories, and tools to drive efficiency of the field sales teams
- Maintain the sales workbook providing consistent content and brand information for field sales use
- Deliver insights on aggregate level trends to field sales via monthly forecast Letters
- Lead the ongoing updates of the knowledge management Wiki
- Enable excellence in launch planning and execution for key innovation
- Provide the customer and shopper perspective to CO Marketing for long lead innovation at the pre-development phase
- Execute pre and post launch readiness cadence and updates to the organization for assigned category (s)
- Support phase in/out planning for long lead innovation.
- Ensure timely execution against Sales Planning MIP deliverables tracking the different sales planning milestones
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors Degree required MBA preferred
- 5 years minimum experience in sales with a major CPG company
- Sales and/or category management experience a plus
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a cross functional environment and strong conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to lead and work in cross functional teams
- Strong prioritization and time management skills required
- Leadership potential
- High energy and drive to succeed and sense of urgency
- Desire and ability to build new organizational competencies
- Proficient PC skills
In return, we offer you
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top