Sales, Field Representative - Sonicare and Zoom Whitening (San Francisco, CA)
Job TitleSales, Field Representative – Sonicare and Zoom Whitening (San Francisco, CA)
Sales, Field Representative – Sonicare and Zoom Whitening (San Francisco, CA)
At Philips Oral Healthcare, we are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases to improve patient’s oral health and overall well-being. We are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of dental professionals and their patients. Our tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips Oral Healthcare a global leader in the markets we serve with brands such as Sonicare, Zoom Whitening, NiteWhite, DayWhite, Fluoridex and BreathRx.
The Field Sales Representative (FSR), is the Philips Sonicare, Philips Zoom and Oral Care portfolio link to Dental Professionals within an assigned geographic territory. The FSR is responsible for direct business-to-business selling and professional product detailing. As a product expert and practice building consultant, the FSR’s primary responsibilities include driving professional product usage, brand recommendations (MOR, Most Often Recommended), and meeting/exceeding direct sales targets. Through call route office visits, the FSR details the latest innovation of Philips product portfolio to key Dental Professional stakeholders including Specialists, Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants and Dental Team Members. By building strong strategic consultative sales partnerships, the FSR drives the Sonicare #1 MOR Power Toothbrush status and solidifies the Zoom brand #1 patient-requested professional whitening system position. The FSR also consults our full line of Oral Care brands to build a healthy Oral Care plan for our Dental Practices.
CUSTOMER, PATIENT and CONSUMER FOCUS: FSR must be able to bring the Philips Sonicare, Philips Zoom and Oral Care brands’ voices to life in office by working with the Dental Provider office teams to develop strong dispensing and recommendations plans. The FSR must be externally focused on the changing needs of the dental professionals, patients and consumers in the respective market.
- Serve as the key contact to the Dental Profession, with the main priority to drive Professional Product Usage, Recommendation, and Dispensation of Philips Sonicare, Philips Zoom and the Oral Care portfolios.
- Gain mastery of Philips clinical product knowledge and the dental marketplace to be a trusted customer advisor while insuring brand integrity is met.
- Develop and execute territory business plan based on driving product usage, recommendation and sales results within existing, new, and Enterprise accounts.
BIAS FOR ACTION: FSR must be action-oriented while managing the CRM (Powercerv) and cognos tools, must be able to drive the territory sales partner teams and dental professional partners forward with strong communication.
- Utilize CRM system, Sales Management Data, and Dashboard tools on a daily basis to track call activities and order entry
- Analyze all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to make decisions, solve problems and find solutions that translate into win-win opportunities which work best for internal stakeholders and our customers.
- Course-correct plans depending on market and sales conditions
BUILDING TALENT and TEAMS: FSR must work with territory support partners to maximize reach and frequency field coverage. The FSR must be able to collaborate with and lead a team of junior field sales representatives.
- Cultivate successful partnerships with internal sales and marketing teams to efficiently maximize territory coverage.
- Build Professional Educator and Industry Key Opinion Leader relationships to drive recommendations and sales to include participation in dental conventions, local dental/hygiene associations & study clubs and dental/ hygiene schools
- Serve as a resource for Philips Oral Healthcare, the Dental Professional Division, and the broader regional team.
ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPONSBILITY: FSR must establish clear expectations for him or herself and respective territory support partners, holding people accountable through the use of all available data points.
- Take ownership and understanding of territory sales numbers to maximize efforts that include territory support team collaboration, in-office merchandising, and marketing program deployment
- Effectively manage trunk stock and territory expense budgets.
- 4-year college Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 to 5 years of Fortune 500 or similar sales experience
- Business to Business sales experience is required
- Previous dental or medical experience is preferred
- Track record of success achieving all sales objectives, year over year
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and processes
- Computer proficiency in CRM systems, MS Office (ppt, excel, word, Outlook) and iPad applications
- Overnight travel is approximately up to 50% during the first quarter for training
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top