Sales, Cardiology Specialist- Informatics (NJ/Pittsburgh)
Job TitleSales, Cardiology Specialist- Informatics (NJ/Pittsburgh)
The Sales Specialist owns business development in the territory by uncovering and posting opportunities, developing competitive positioning, and owning quote creation, customer concerns, and change orders; partners with AMs to qualify opportunities, design and present winning solutions, and develop business analysis and forecasts; co-owns, with RSM, achieving business goals and forecasting for the territory.
Responsibilities and Key Activities:
- Partner with the HIT AM/AE in Driving Overall Business and Product Deal Support
- Partner with AM/AE, using business knowledge and understanding, to develop a deal strategy configured to win.
- Develop product strategy as clinical, technical, and knowledge expert to win VOC.
- Lead and deliver the solution specific content of customer presentations including clinical, operations, and financial positioning and benefits. Attend customer presentations to resolve customer objections or answer questions regarding product and configuration.
- Partner with HIT AM/AE to coordinate on-site demonstrations, clinical trials, site visits, and national clinical showcase sites.
- Partner with HIT AM to identify opportunities by providing insights into possible leads resulting from working with third-party vendors, trade shows, local conferences, and other industry events.
- Partner with AM to prioritize opportunities that exist in a given account or market.
- Partner with HIT AM on the roll-up of the forecast and funnel. Evaluate funnel health and provide support to help grow funnel toward target. Work alongside the AM to ensure the funnel is robust, clean, and well managed.
- Coordinate product positioning and product qualification with HIT AM/AE, as needed.
Manage and Drive Your Business:
- Collaborate with HIT AM to develop a SWOT analysis and build a database, by hospital, of the entire installed base to establish competitive positioning and understand upcoming opportunities.
- Participate in the business development of the territory.
- Develop deep customer needs analysis.
- Drive visibility by understanding business opportunities in the region, including emerging markets.
- Share opportunity visibility by entering the opportunity into SFDC.
- Partner with HIT AM to ensure funnel is robust and capable of meeting AOP.
- Attend accountability calls with HIT AM and ZVP to provide input and background.
- Create customer quote based on the specific customer needs and requirements.
- Manage any necessary change orders.
- Coordinate the creation of the SOW in collaboration with SCS.
- Provide content and marshal internal resources to ensure RFPs are completed.
Own Your Performance and Development:
- Perform against established performance goals and metrics.
- Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development, including all required training.
- Participate as an active member of the sales team, sharing your experience and knowledge with others.
- Use and comply with standard processes and guidelines.
- Develop strong knowledge of markets, competitors, and industry trends for products.
- Demonstrate the Philips Behaviors in all interactions.
Team within Philips:
- Provide Field Marketing with input on sales tools, pricing issues, and competitive threats to enable them to best support specialists and provide input to the BIU.
- Maximize the customer experience by presenting a coordinated and efficient One Philips approach with the Core AM/AE.
- Use SFDC, Chatter, OneSource, and other tools to share knowledge and develop conversations across Philips.
- Support the HIT team through informal product training and education.
- Share best practices with internal colleagues.
- Previous sales experience required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated healthcare experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical workflow and supporting technologies.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated customer follow-up.
- Ability to quickly demonstrate expertise and establish credibility with clinical decision makers.
- Ability to assess potential application of company products to meet customer needs and prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions
- Strong business acumen, organizational skills, a self-starter and independent thinker with the aptitude to work autonomously
- Must live in assigned territory.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top