Sales, Business Development Manager - Digital Pathology (Midwest)
- Chicago, IL
Sales, Business Development Manager - Digital Pathology (Midwest)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Blend your key account management and market business development talents together to be fully responsible for the sales of Philips Digital Pathology products, as well as to develop opportunities with potential interested prospects. In this unique role, you will sell solutions to a target segment of the US market in addition to working to identify, investigate, and develop business planning for further market introduction. Formulate new sales/business development solutions by integral, original thinking and adds new sales/business development concepts/elements to his sub discipline. Combines abstract ideas at a high conceptual level, and generates new types of solutions. Formulates, as a recognized authority in sales/business development, solutions across multiple disciplines to effectively achieve goals together. Builds actively networks with key contacts in- and outside Philips for his specialism to keep abreast of new developments/insights.
You are responsible for
- Initializing and coordinating all Philips efforts to accounts in order to maximize the opportunity for the Digital Pathology sales group
- Developing, maintaining, and improving relations with accounts to keep or to set Philips as preferred supplier
- Crafting and implementing action programs for and with accounts to improve performance of Philips Digital Pathology Solutions
- Fully supporting the implementation of a business plan with market research/product/market specifications
- Achieving budgeted sales volumes, prices and profit margins
- Coordinating required internal resources to obtain objectives and when needed, involving local salesforce and marketing support
- Ensuring continuity of the relationship with the accounts and operating at the highest level in the accounts' organizations; facilitating the executive level interfaces between the company and the accounts as needed
- Generating new business ideas through independent scouting of internal and external sources; adding to the pipeline of business opportunities
- Determining the attractiveness of identified business ideas; preparing compelling business case proposals to show potential and further internal discussions; developing persuasive business cases in order to get qualification by management and the necessary budget for further development into a business plan
- Developing the final business plan, including the implementation (project scope, content, deliverables, milestones, budget)
- Contributing to the development and implementation of local marketing strategies
You are a part of
Philips Digital Pathology Solutions aims to transform cancer diagnostics through the digitization of pathology and thereby improve clinical outcomes. We have developed unique software solutions to drive improvements and innovations in the education and training of medical professionals using digital pathology. As digital pathology transforms the professional discipline of diagnostic pathology, there is parallel growth in digital training technologies that have the power to standardize pathology training and build skill sets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Hunter mentality
- Fast learner
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience, or Master's degree with 3+ years of related experience in capital/medical equipment or IT sales
- 5+ years of proven business development experience required
- Preferrably knowledge and experience in Digital Pathology
- Health IT or IT background, preferred
- Executive presence and strong presentation skills; experience working with C-Suite
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Reside in any big city in the region.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the territory (3 to 4 visits per day, including overnight)
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated success at developing and communicating a clear strategic vision and effectively executing that vision.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement Sales Strategies.
- Ability to work with and manage by influence a large diverse sales team to close complex sales opportunities.
- Be the quarterback in aligning team members to create the right customer proposition
- Possessing the drive and persistency to overcome obstacles are paramount to success in this position.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation. Here, you'll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
No Sponsorship offered:
\"US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.\"
"Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory"
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top