Sales Application Specialist
Job TitleSales Application Specialist
The Sales Applications Specialist represents Philips toward pharmaceutical accounts and also internally represents the account to our CT operations team. Those in this role must have a high understanding of the needs of the customer and capabilities of our solutions that enable success of customer trials as well as profitable opportunities for Philips. The occupant of this role is also responsible to operationally manage execution. The goal is to provide the technical and operational expertise needed throughout the customer relationship to maximize the value of both short and long term business with the account for Philips.
- Primary Philips point of contact and lead liaison for pharmaceutical research customers utilizing Motion Biosensor products and service solutions.
- Coordinate and oversee the quality and timely delivery of products and execution of service based solutions to pharmaceutical customers
- Develop and drive a credible and productive long-term relation at various levels and disciplines, in order to maximize the value of short and long term business with Pharmaceutical clinical trials accounts.
- Assist sales and legal associates in the negotiation and generation of agreements with individual accounts, coordinate and drive the Statement of Work agreement process.
- Forecast revenues to be derived from signed Statement of Work agreements
- Assist sales and senior staff in the development and quoting of product and services based solutions utilizing technical understanding of Philips capabilities and experience together with the needs of the Pharmaceutical study.
- Participate in operational projects overseeing a small number of associates with the goal of leading them in the future.
- Works together with team members to provide consultative, technical advice to customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with counterparts and key influencers in the customer base.
- Manage agreement changes and trial extensions as well as identifying opportunities for repeat business from pharmaceutical customers
- Creation and publication of trial training materials
- Knowledge and application of company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Assemble a full understanding of company products and services.
- Build productive internal existing working relationships.
- Frequently interacts with customers as well as peers within Philips. Often must contribute to a cooperative effort among members of a small project team.
- Works on problems of diverse scope.
- Demonstrates good judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions for obtaining solutions.
- Participate in customer audits as necessary
- 25% Travel for attendance at onsite customer meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years in marketing, sales, product development, or related field
- Experience in high tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses
- Technical proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SAP business systems.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills such as software applications.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues and customers
- Ability to collect and synthesize customer needs intelligence into actionable input for the CT Operations and Sales teams
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top