Sales and Operations Planning Manager
Job TitleSales and Operations Planning Manager
The S&OP Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. The S&OP Manager will have a strong understanding of how to provide meaningful and actionable information utilizing large and often different types of data to facilitate effective decision-making processes that balances demand and supply, integrates financial and operational plans, and links high-level strategic plans with near term operational plans.
The S&OP Manager will lead supply chain planning efforts and build tools and processes that support key objectives such as demand, capacity, and supply planning, inventory modeling, service and revenue forecasting, plan optimization, and gap analysis.
- Prepares and presents S&OP forecast to support the monthly management business reviews.
- Creates, monitors, and maintains S&OP metrics and key performance indicators, identifying resulting risks and opportunities.
- Consolidates and analyzes demand and supply information for the operational, tactical, and strategic plans.
- Supports ad hoc and established gap analysis.
- Develops advanced analytical tools and reporting to support the entire S&OP process.
- Drive objectives for on-time delivery, lead times, inventory turns, etc.
- Helps facilitate cross-functional communication between the Business Units and Supply Chain in support of major S&OP initiatives, new product launches, line extensions, promotions, discontinuations, productivity projects, decision-making modeling of process flow, inventory levels, cost of manufacturing, distribution, transportation, etc.
- Identify short-term and mid-term capacity risks, driving recommendations through the S&OP process.
- Work closely with supply and demand teams to develop ideal demand forecast and RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning).
- Reviews short term demand plans, follows up on their execution with customer demand planning to align forecast with order book and short term outlook.
- Prepare, plan and communicate gap closing scenarios with assigned stakeholders from Marketing, Supply, sales/account management and finance.
- Perform analysis on forecast accuracy KPIs measuring sales vs plan. Identify root causes, define and communicate corrective actions collaborating with other functions. Propose forecast adjustments and validate with Marketing and Sales.
- Improve forecast accuracy, bias, and planning process by performing root cause analysis and embed learnings.
- Monitor inventory levels and actively steer the corrective action plan with regards to slow moving and obsolete/ excess stock.
- Lead conversation with relevant counterpart, challenging assumptions and output
- Share relevant Supply Information (e.g. shortages) with rest of Market.
- Key contact person for supply / operations to drive demand plans and align supply chain
- Manage exceptions on customer allocations in case of misalignment of order vs. forecast.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent in relevant area Supply Chain, Logistics, Operation Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, etc.; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain/medical device products company
- APICS CPIM/CSCP or Forecasting/Planning Certification preferred.
- Expertise in synthesizing and analyzing demand-relevant information;
- Basic Statistical forecasting skills and advanced analytical skills required to execute demand-planning processes with the focus of continuous improvement.
- Ability to analyze and process business information and insight and translate these into new opportunities and forecast scenarios.
- Strong Knowledge and application of F2P (Forecast to Plan) processes.
- Detailed and deadline-orientated to meet regular and periodic needs of the business for accurate and timely information. Must demonstrate capability of thoroughly reviewing and sense-checking results so that analysis is right the first time.
- Capable of independently performing complex analysis where data gathering, working with internal and external stakeholders, selection of analytical methods, and synthesizing many quantitative and qualitative inputs is required.
- Strong analytical capabilities including advanced knowledge of Excel developing complex formulas (ex: arrays, match index, vlookup, sumifs, sumproduct, pivot tables, named ranges, powerpivot, etc.)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, including knowledge of operations tools and concepts such as DMAIC, Lean Manufacturing, and the Theory of Constraints.
- Ability to work with teams, cross-functionally, and contribute positively in projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain processes and inventory management strategies.
- Possesses a complete understanding of Material Requirements Planning concepts and systems (e.g., planned versus unplanned demand, economic order quantity, cycle stock, safety stock, resource planning, material type, manufacture, lead times)
- MS AX and SAP ERP systems knowledge a plus.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal and influence abilities.
- Strong focus on process/controls, excellent analytical skills.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow. Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top