Sales, Account Manager – Medical Consumables & Supplies (New York State/New Jersey)
Job TitleSales, Account Manager – Medical Consumables & Supplies (New York State/New Jersey)
Sales, Account Manager – Medical Consumables & Supplies (New York State/New Jersey)
The Account Manager will require a very unique skill set in order to work effectively across the Sales Organization in achieving the annual consumable revenue. The location for the job seeker is preferably New York State (excluding NYC) or New Jersey. Travel could exceed 50%.
- Skills in creating comprehensive customer profiles and effective customer acquisition or retention strategies.
- Awareness of Philips evolving strategies for expanding and changing its products and services.
- Knowledge of team dynamics and skill in coordinating the deployment of people and resources to create a compelling customer value proposition.
- Capability to uncover and develop the customer’s decision criteria, analyze competitive offerings and influence the decision criteria to their advantage.
Manage your Business
Build a Business Plan that supports achievement of your Quota Understand customer needs and drive sales efforts for product portfolio. Ensure the Business Plan includes balanced selling across medical consumables: monitoring, cardiology, neonatal and resuscitation. That is the traditional patient monitoring and hospital resuscitation supplies, and all of the Newborn Solutions (former Children’s Medical Ventures) most of which are sold in the NICU. Key to this role is the synergy created between this position and its counterpart, the Remote Sales Specialist. All aspects of this job should keep the RSS closely in mind. Will work with all direct and indirect channels in his territory. (patient care account managers, account executives, community care solutions, etc.). Key to differentiating our solutions and win customer preference is to engage the MCS clinical specialist team to drive assessments, training and other consulting activities that add value. The expectation is that the local CPS should be at least 80% booked throughout the year as a result of these engagements. Identify and drive your Top opportunities for each quarter, including contracts for new and incremental annuity business. Build and Manage territory funnel in Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC). Funnel must be adequate to meet quota targets on a rolling 6 months basis. Accurately forecast your funnel using metrics and achievement of goals Research target opportunities and generate account leads.
Work with team to design Philips Solutions to meet customer’s needs
Identify and document all key influencers within your accounts. Develop long term relationships with key influencers. Leverage Philips business tools to understand customer business needs and design a solution to address the customer’s specific need. Work with Apex Account Executive (AE), and Account Manager (PCAM) to Discover and Qualify customer opportunities. Translate the identified Philips solution for the opportunity into a value proposition and create a pricing strategy to support the proposition. Engage Sales resources and validate account strategies, needs analyses, and deal strategies. Design a tailored account strategy and create a compelling message to present the value proposition and proposal to the customer. Execute the Account and Deal Strategies by identifying and assigning specific tasks in SFDC.
Build Sales Strategy
Coordinate involvement with/from other PCMS reps to leverage and maximize point of sales and annuity opportunities. Work with other modalities and channels (where/when appropriate) to ensure a One Philips approach to the customers in assigned territory. Collaborate with the Remote Sales Specialist counterpart to:
- Issue customer quote for the recommended solution.
- Plan, schedule and attend customer trials
- Put together a territory plan, prioritize accounts, schedule visits/meetings
- Track performance in territory, if possible at the account level and by product category.
- Drive a strategy to build value by utilizing on-site demonstrations, clinical trials, site visits, and national clinical showcase sites. Address customer objections to drive Philips’ to win VOC. Author the discount request and escalate it through the discount approval process. Prevent customer re-work and change orders by ensuring orders and documentation are complete and accurate. Maximize annuity revenue by pursuing, designing and closing contract opportunities. Work with the contract team to process contract sales in an effective and timely manner.
Own How the Customer Experiences Philips
Understand customer business drivers and develop solutions that exceed customer expectations. Build a recurring and frequent cadence for customer discussions. Facilitate the resolution of customer issues by following the escalation process. Drive customer satisfaction through delivery, installation, and post-installation. Ensure customer expectations are being met by managing the customer feedback loop at all stages of the sales process.
Team within Philips
Build a strong internal network to support the delivery of value to our customers, especially with the PCAM, monitoring and resuscitation specialists. Maximize the customer experience by presenting a coordinated and efficient One Philips approach. Initiate collaboration with Teams to validate and execute Business Plans. Develop internal relationships to drive resolution of customer issues. Utilize SFDC, Chatter, OneSource, and other tools to share knowledge and develop conversations across Philips.
Share best practices with internal colleagues
Own Your Performance & Development
Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development, including all required training. Participate as an active member of the Sales Team, sharing your experience and knowledge with others. Utilize and comply with standard processes and guidelines. Develop a strong knowledge of markets, competitors and industry trends for products and solutions.
Demonstrate the Philips behaviors in all interactions; TECHNICAL AND CLINICAL:
- Understand specific requirements of clinical units within the hospital environment. Knowledge of Labor and Delivery, Neonatal and Pediatric ICU, Medical/Surgical, Critical Care Unit, Telemetry, Operating Room, Emergency Department, etc.
- Consult with customers regarding the clinical implications of the different Philips consumables offerings: Fetal Scalp Electrodes, bilirubin sensors, SpO2 Sensors, Gas Monitoring Supplies, NIBP Cuffs, Cables/Leads, Electrodes, Temperature Probes, wearable sensors and other related products.
- Understand and differentiate different algorithms and product offering for pulse oximetry and gas monitoring.
- Stay current with clinical developments, technology and trends.
- Approach each account with a clinical viewpoint to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve problems related to education, selection, use and application of products.
- Serve as a customer advocate, clinical liaison and the clinical conscience to Philips for medical consumables.
- Manage the clinical involvement in hot sites. Collect data, establish facts, and help define the clinical issues. Communicate with Marketing and Business Unit as necessary. Interface with other customer support organization members to escalate issues, apply a high level of business judgment.
- Communicate with the Response Center to ask questions, provide input, ascertain answers, and recommend improvements.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to the Division regarding new products, product enhancements, training feedback, and recommendations.
- Teach, troubleshoot, observe, and check customers and colleagues to ensure proper use of medical consumables and sensors.
- Share technical, clinical and application discoveries with peers, sales, marketing and business unit and others to improve the clinical understanding of MCS products.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of previous medical consumables (preferable) and/or medical equipment sales.
- Experience calling at all levels within hospitals, administration, nursing, biomedical engineering, purchasing / materials management, etc.
- Knowledge of hospital market in assigned territory desirable.
- Candidates should have proven experience in sales, clinical/nursing, technical/biomedical, or engineering.
- Previous experience in medical consumables sales, and/or any of the following product categories (vital signs monitoring, cardiac resuscitation, diagnostic cardiology, in adult and neonatal/pediatric environments).
- Professional sales skills, experience, appearance and manner.
- Proven track record of consistent top sales performance preferred.
- Must be able to function alone and perform on teams.
- Must be skillful with closing orders, executive selling, communication, negotiations, relationship building, territory management, strategic selling, account management, articulation of corporate value proposition and appropriate competitive positioning
- Strong interpersonal/networking skills
- Must be skillful with needs analysis
- Must be experienced and proficient in use of laptop computer and applications including; Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able work off shifts occasionally, and be comfortable in real patient environments.
- Exemplary organizational skills, to manage multiple customer contacts and points of sale within each account
- Identify opportunities within existing and new strategic contracts across multiple modalities to secure consumables agreements.
- Identify and meet with key customers/accounts to promote Philips products (clinical value and validation of medical consumables with Philips monitors) as well as the benefits to a hospital of standardizing with Philips medical consumables.
- When required, be able to call upon the corporate suite to identify and promote business opportunities for medical consumables.
- Works closely with Apex, PCAMs, and specialist teams and collaborates with the remotes sales team to identify POS and annuity contract sales opportunities, close contracts, track annuity sales and compliance…in general, maximize sales opportunities for medical consumables.
- Update existing corporate/strategic contracts to include supplies and play a leading role in selling/closing or incorporating MCS into corporate and strategic contracts
- Support the Strategic Business Group’s efforts to secure Med/Surg GPO and IDN agreements
- Identify new contract opportunities for supplies.
- Participate in strategic patient monitoring installations to identify contract opportunities
- Scouts the territory for incremental sales opportunities:
- Big/contract deals
- Long term projects (> 3 months)
- “Combs” installed base for conversions
- Tracks Corporate Agreements for compliance
- Addresses customer satisfaction/issues
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top