Rotational Program: Strategic Marketing Manager, Computational Pathology
Job TitleRotational Program: Strategic Marketing Manager, Computational Pathology
In this role, you have the opportunity to
We aim to change the way people are diagnosed and thereby improve clinical and financial outcomes. As a Strategic Marketing Manager for Computational Pathology, your key challenge is to develop and commercialize image analytics based products that help solve key clinical problems in the field of cancer. We truly believe image analytics and computational pathology will unlock the full potential of digital pathology. The key is to identify and realize value propositions that deliver differential clinical value while embedded in the pathology workflow. This would be a unique opportunity to hone your leadership skills and help establish the key business of computational pathology within Philips Digital Pathology.
You are responsible for
In this project of 12 months, you will lead and build the company strategy for building and launching an ecosystem/ market place for computational pathology portfolio. In particular you are expected to:
- Lead the strategy and vision definition for computational pathology global marketplace
- Define & prioritize value propositions that can be monetized via a pathology marketplace platform
- Study successful benchmarks in other B2B industries and distill insights on business and deployment models that worked (US, Europe, Japan markets only)
- Identify competencies required and key success factors through primary interviews with ecosystem managers (in healthcare or otherwise) to
- Build business case to support the investment thesis and seek senior leadership approval
- Translate strategy into an implementation guideline and roll out to the organization
On top of this you will learn to;
- Create meaningful solutions for healthcare based on advanced cutting edge image analytics
- Team up with a multi-disciplinary personnel in product management, R&D and business development teams
- Collaborate with pathologists in an actual digitized pathology lab to explore, create and validate new innovative concepts
You are a part of
When you walk into work, you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 330 employees spread around 8 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an "early joiner" to the Philips Emerging Business family which plans to expand itself, by approximately 700 members in the next 3 years.
You will be based at our Head Office in Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
We are looking for MBA students (with professional experience of 5-10 years) who finished their MBA study in September 2017 or are about to finish their MBA study and will be available per Q3, September 2018!
- Strategic thinking and hands on experience in a top tier strategic consulting or marketing firm
- Experience in professional knowledge of marketing methods i.e., turning market requirements into detailed user requirements for product development
- Ability to perform in complex environments and the ability to interact with customers and other stakeholders
- A plus would be education or experience in medical devices/ software markets relevant to healthcare IT; also any exposure to SAFe or agile software development would be a plus
- Passion to work in a start-up like environment
- Fluent in English, willing to travel (20-30%) and enjoying interactions with a variety of people with different background and personalities
In return, we offer you
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the Emerging Businesses leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. We offer you our leadership commitment – to innovation and growth. You are likely to experience a dynamic exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment that could form the launch pad of your career growth - personally, professionally & financially.
The International Talent Development Program offers you the opportunity to experience in two different assignments, which will be cross functional and cross border, the commercial world within Philips Emerging Business. In this assignment, you are working in a Marketing role, which lasts for 12 months. In your next assignment, not yet defined also 12 months, we expect you to go cross border and fulfill a Sales position.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Part of our pre-selection is to complete an online assessment successfully. If you pass this online assessment, we will conduct a recruiter interview and at least one business interview.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply as soon as possible. This position will be removed from the internet per 04-03-2018!
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top