Revenue Accounting Director
Job TitleRevenue Accounting Director
The primary responsibilities and accountabilities of this role are:
- Collaborate with Senior Management in defining vision, strategy, and priority setting for all revenue initiatives in North America, including leading the development of a newly created dedicated revenue team.
- Work with Sales and Technical Revenue Accounting to develop deal structures which accomplish customer objectives while yielding desired economics and accounting outcomes for Philips.
- Review and sign off on deal accounting packages prepared by the revenue team.
- Review VSOE models to ensure ongoing compliance for the purposes of revenue recognition.
- Ensure compliance with revenue related accounting policies and procedures.
- Review and document conclusions for complex, multi-element sales contracts to support compliance with applicable authoritative literature.
- Design, manage, and execute certain key controls around revenue recognition.
- Work with and train the Company’s Sales, Business Partners and revenue operations groups to ensure that the proper revenue recognition criteria are well understood.
- Drive the development of a project plan to implement the new revenue standard and responsibility for ensuring that the Company complies with all the requirements of the new revenue recognition standard.
- Provide Senior Management with financial reporting information and operational support
- Streamlines existing processes and recommends value-adding changes
- Coordinate internal & external audit activities and audit preparation
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to support M&A activities and subsequent integration efforts
- Lead the development of the Revenue Team, ensuring development of technical skills and providing rewarding growth and development opportunities within the team.
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 10 + years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Relevant “Big 4” public accounting experience at a Senior Manager level required, corporate experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition standards (IFRS and SEC Regulations), experience with revenue general ledger accounting a plus
- Experience in an international business environment and in working with virtual teams and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to summarize and present complex accounting issues to senior leaders
- Strong managerial and leadership skills; demonstrated development of a team is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Excel required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to manage a team, work independently and exercise judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills
- SAP experience a plus
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top