Respiratory Sales Specialist - Sleep and Respiratory Care (Northern California/Nevada)
Job TitleRespiratory Sales Specialist – Sleep and Respiratory Care (Northern California/Nevada)
Sales, Respiratory Specialist (Sacramento, CA)
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
As a Respiratory Sales Specialist, you will promote the full line of our respiratory product portfolio. You will represent Philips by developing and driving key partnerships both internally with Philips Healthcare counterparts (marketing, service, support, education, legal etc.) and externally with customers within the given accounts to drive order recognition and to drive revenue recognition against a set of annual targets. This position is responsible for the Northern California market (including Bakersfield, Monterey ) and Las Vegas, NV.
- Drive efficiencies within role, to include management of business development, travel expenses and MBO’s (Management by Objective’s) that create long term successful behaviors that align with the strategic objectives of the company. MBO’s will have Monthly Objectives that will be created by the employee and reviewed and approved by the Respiratory Directors that address critical success factors in the market.
- Be responsible for developing and managing customer and internal stakeholder relationships while maintaining records of sales activities, schedules, and customers
- Drive brand preference for respiratory medical devices and accessories through increased face time and visibility with the respiratory stakeholders in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Rehab facilities, Hospitals (discharge planning, respiratory departments, and purchasing) as well as Long-term Nursing Facilities
- Penetrate assigned Middle Market accounts, establish the call point planning and relationships there, understand the payment structures, billing practices, sales close cycle times and develop and execute strategies and tactics that expand our business in this space.
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, focused on but not limited to Non-Invasive and Invasive Ventilation, Respiratory Drug Delivery, Oxygen and Patient Interface
- Conduct sales meetings, training and product demonstrations for ventilation products, airway clearance and other respiratory products
- Facilitate and deliver continuing education support on the respiratory product portfolio.
- Establish and follow up on preference trials for Philips Respironics
- Be responsive to technical and clinical inquiries from patients and clinical staff (including in-service of products)
- Take lead in responding to competitive objections to products
- Improve understanding of clinical applications and use scenarios for respiratory products in targeted markets
- Assist with training & troubleshooting of ventilation and related respiratory assist devices
- Look for selling opportunities for other Philips Respironics products and notify other teammates of the opportunity
- Be accountable to establish sustainable market advantage
- Reach call points that influence physician scripts for Philips Respironics respiratory products
- Understand the care cycle from Hospital to Home and how Philips Respironics products relate to this process
- Maintain CRM records of territory, customer order potential, status of sales in progress and provide feedback to management on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience, required with specific experience selling medical or related equipment to hospitals, home care providers preferred
- Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist required
- Skilled Nursing and/or LTAC experience preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
You must be able use auto vehicles to get to and from customer locations. Must occasionally lift and transport medical devices that may weigh up to 100 pounds and frequently lift devices up to 25 pounds.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
“Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top