Job TitleResearch Scientist
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The Research Scientist (RS) is responsible for the day-to-day management of one or more clinical studies commissioned by the Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions Innovation group. These activities include cross-functional team support, regulatory support, validation testing, user testing, feasibility and/or marketing studies. Under the direction of the Clinical Sciences and Innovation Manager, the RS is also responsible for ensuring that assigned studies are being conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, FDA Regulations, businesses SOP's and Quality System.
You are responsible for
- Provide medical clinical and engineering expertise to bring high quality and efficiency to the clinical testing and product development process for innovations in PCMS.
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of study conduction including study design creation, outcomes assessment, protocol implementation, staff training, site monitoring, data collection, reporting, contracting and financing, maintaining timelines, program plans based on high-level guidance from research manager, cross-functional needs via program manager, and external customers, and reporting to both internal and external stake holders.
- Provide early phase, hands-on operational support to teams in outcomes assessment and clinical testing planning, protocol development, investigator selection, training of internal and external personnel, study monitoring, and quality control related to clinical investigation and validation.
- Oversee implementation of compliance practices, policies, and processes for the medical and clinical affairs function. This includes internal compliance assessments and external reporting such as competent authority reporting such as clinicaltrials.gov. Assure that research projects are in compliance with applicable FDA and ICH regulations, HIPAA, GCP guidelines, and businesses SOP and Quality System.
- Responsible for providing Site Health Information Technology systems expertise to support development and execution studies related to solutions in the innovation process.
You are a part of
Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions Innovation group
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Bachelor's Degree, relevant Master level (MA, MSc) in a related health science, MD or PhD is preferred.
Minimum of 4 years of research, clinical studies, and statistical analysis. Experience with software as a device.
- Demonstrated competence in management of multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Firm understanding of data acquisition and bio-statistical concepts, statistical study design, outcomes and KPIs study design
- In depth knowledge of project management techniques, existing products and system behaviors, as well as Philips New Product Development Lifecycle is useful
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with experience in writing scientific reports
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
- Working regulatory knowledge (FDA/21CFR812; EN540/GCP; ISO14971)
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top