Remote Service Engineer, Digital Pathology Solutions
Job TitleRemote Service Engineer, Digital Pathology Solutions
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Our challenge is to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us.
The Remote Service Engineer provides technical product support and delivers exceptional customer service to Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) customers in North America
You are responsible for
- Troubleshoot and resolve Philips Digital Pathology Solution problems with customers or colleagues by telephone, e-mail, or by remotely accessing the systems
- Schedule and conduct software upgrades or routine operating system patches remotely
- Have a flexible work schedule as upgrades occur after hours or on weekends
- Occasional customer on-site visits may be required
- Be a professional representative for Philips Digital Pathology Solution with respect to customer problems, ensuring personal acceptability by the customer in behavior in accordance with Philips Digital Pathology Solution policy and targets
- Interface with Hardware vendors in case of hardware failures
- Escalate technical issues within Philips
- Create a case for each customer call, verifying contract entitlement. Where there is no entitlement, taking responsibility that customer is quoted and the customers call is handled appropriately
- Follow all quality standards and procedures set within Philips Digital Pathology Solution
- Keeps up to date with new technology developments and investigates how these new technologies can be used in the existing product line
You are a part of
Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with digital pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best scanners, Image Management System, workflow and CAD/CDS solutions available. This helps them work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems preferred
- 5+ years' experience in the industry / digitally enabled medical and/or IT product development
- Experience in supporting enterprise IT systems in the healthcare industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of standards used in the healthcare industry including Dicom, HL7 and IHE is desired
- Excellent understanding of IT technologies (servers, storage, virtualization, cloud technologies and system management technologies). Experience with IBM hardware, Windows operating system, and VMWare preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem analyzing skills
- Travel: Some travel may be required up to 15%
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation. Here, you'll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top