Job TitleReliability Engineer
As the Reliability Engineer you will work with R&D product development teams to develop reliability requirements, establish product level reliability programs and perform appropriate analyses to ensure that new products meet all of the requirements
- Work with the project teams to develop a reliability program plan to document tasks, methods, tools, tests and analyses that are required for the success of new products. Project teams located at two sites and travel required.
- Assist engineering teams to achieve warranty reduction and improve customer satisfaction by leading quality efforts on problem identification, failure root cause analysis, corrective action development and resolution verification.
- Manage and conduct training and workshops on quality and reliability engineering, robustness, and statistics as necessary within product engineering.
- Participate in product design and reliability reviews during new product development to ensure robustness of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Perform statistical data analysis, regression modeling, Weibull Analysis, hazard analysis, reliability target setting, warranty trend analysis and spending forecast for new products.
- Perform Design FMEAs on all new products and recommend design changes to improve product reliability.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to evaluate and qualify new technology and new processes implemented in manufacturing.
- Conduct reliability testing on new and existing products. Highly Accelerated Life Testing and Highly Accelerated Stress Testing to identify product failure modes. Validate and track product requirements through development.
- Participation in preparing schedules and work estimates for all project assignments and activities.
- Provide technical feedback to enhance the on-going quality of products and services.
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work regularly and dependably.
- Ability to function effectively within a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to make sound decisions, learning, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment.
You will be working in the Magnetic Resonance RF Coils organization within Philips Healthcare, Invivo Corporation in Gainesville, Florida.
At Philips Healthcare we simplify healthcare by focusing on people – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions both for health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and for empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
We are looking for
Behaviors: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Learning Agility, Teaming and Market Foresight
- Willingness for domestics travel. Estimate 20% – primarily between Gainesville, Florida and Wisconsin office.
- Ability to drive and implement initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- An action / problem solver orientation
- Ability to effectively communicate complex matters in simply understood terms, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter and innovative thinker
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
Growth: The successful candidate will:
- Define with their manager goals for personal and professional development
- Take accountability to execute their personal development plan to grow within their current role and prepare for future roles
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in new product design with application of reliability tools.
- Familiarity / experience with reliability testing techniques.
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with multiple Business Units and vendors
PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONs
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Six Sigma (DFSS) certification Green Belt level or higher preferred
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top