Regulatory Affairs Specialist - International Registrations
Job TitleRegulatory Affairs Specialist – International Registrations
As the incumbent of this Regulatory role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval requirements and regulatory compliance in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
About the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Devices group within Philips Healthcare
We are revolutionizing the medical device industry with a broad suite of technologies that make imaging and therapy simpler, more informative and less invasive. Our products empower physicians around the world with a new generation of analytical tools that deliver more meaningful information – using sound and light as the guiding elements. Founded in cardiovascular care and expanding into other specialties, Philips Volcano is changing the assumption about what is possible by combining imaging and therapy together.
About the Position Our Regulatory Affairs Specialist will provide regulatory support to the Regulatory Affairs Department ensuring compliance with applicable US and international regulations in which the company does business; preparing product submission documentation for international markets, evaluating product changes for effects on regulatory license registrations, and tracking international license status for renewal.
- Prepare and maintain international regulatory submissions, including Regulatory Master Files, Technical Files / Design Dossier documentation as required
- Compile and provide required legalization documents and deliverables to the local registration representative and receive licenses for filing and tracking to renewal. Tasks include document retrieval and submission preparation, compilation of relevant certificates, completing apostille and legalization of documents, and provide all related manufacturing documentation required for product licensure.
- Track product licensure and approval in international markets.
- Planning license renewals in advance of expiration. Work with Regulatory new product development core-team members in developing the international registration plan.
- Maintain current knowledge on global regulations
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
We are looking for:
A person who is excited by the unique professional challenges that our Quality Transformation presents, has strong technical competencies, and demonstrates resilience, challenging, often demanding situations. We are looking for a perfectionist- a fixer who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job. We’re looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality above all else in a relentless pursuit to improve the quality of life for the billions of people the Philips brand touches each year.
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline or equivalent work experience
- Regulatory Affairs Certified (RAC) preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or Regulatory Affairs /Quality Assurance field combined.
- International registration experience preferred.
- Entry level knowledge of FDA and/or international regulations and/or processes
- Well-developed organizational skills required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Previous practical experience in regulatory activities in cardiovascular medical device applications highly desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and have good time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
US and international travel as required for seminars, training, and conferences
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformation changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top