Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Job TitleRegulatory Affairs Specialist
Medical Consumables and Sensors is a dynamic business that provides Philips Healthcare customers with over 1000+ quality medical consumable and sensor products spanning many clinical measurements and technologies including gas monitoring, fetal monitoring, invasive and non-invasive pressure, cardiac output, electrodes and lead wires for cardiac care, jaundice care, MR patient monitoring and others. The majority of products are procured from OEM suppliers/development partners. The position will be part of the MCS Quality and Regulatory organization located in Andover, MA.
As a core member of multiple new product development teams, the Regulatory Specialist will provide timely and valued regulatory guidance (written and / or verbal) by owning the following tasks:
Advise internal stakeholders (marketing, manufacturing, R&D, etc.) regarding current/pending guidance, regulations, Agency/industry initiatives, etc. to ensure regulatory strategy is in alignment with company objectives. Create detailed written regulatory plans that can be used to target domestic and international shipment dates. Develop and prepare product registration submissions for the US, Canada, EU and select worldwide locations. Review and approve advertising, promotional items and labeling for regulatory compliance. Identify potential regulatory approvals risks based on changes in regulations, standards country specific issues or other unique characteristics of the project.
Additionally, the Regulatory Specialist will:
- Communicate application progress to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with worldwide colleagues regarding license renewals and updates
- Maintain regulatory files and tracking databases as required
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as needed
- Mentor other regulatory affairs personnel within MCS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent internationally-acquired qualifications preferably in Regulatory Affairs and/or a science related field or equivalent experience in the medical device industry
- Minimum 3 years of regulatory approvals and submittal experience (EU MDD, Health Canada, USA, etc.)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and perform with accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Requires strong written, oral and interpersonal skills to be able to effectively compose agency submissions, interface interdepartmentally and complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Proficient knowledge of domestic and international standards
- Experience with FDA 510(k) submissions
- RAPs RAC strongly preferred
- Understand LEAN concepts, methodologies and deployment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- May require 5% travel annually with some international a possibility
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top