Regional Tax Specialist
Job TitleRegional Tax Specialist
Regional Tax Specialist (APAC)
The Tax Specialist is required to take ownership of managing the tax accounting & compliance processes in the Asia Pacific region. The position is part of the Group Tax APAC team in Singapore, and reports directly to the Market Tax Manager based in Singapore. The Tax Specialist is required to support and work closely with the Country Tax Managers and Controllers/Accountants in the APAC region. This is a hands-on role.
The Tax Specialist may also be required to support the tax matters in some countries in the Asia Pacific region. Tax matters are mainly related to corporate income tax and VAT/GST.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure efficient processes are in place and adhered to with regard to tax provisioning (documentation), deferred taxation, effective tax rates, tax cash flow forecasts.
- Support the group tax accounting team in the monthly and quarterly closing activities.
- Increase the tax accounting knowledge through on site training programs (including technical updates) and ad hoc support to both Country Tax Managers and Controllers/Accountants.
- Provide support and actively partnering the company’s finance team responsible for local statutory accounts in areas of tax reporting and disclosures.
- Provide advice to Philips businesses and other stakeholders about the application of fiscal regulations in the country.
- Manage tax compliance and tax optimization of Philips position in the country.
- Represents Philips towards local Tax offices, conducts tax reviews and monitors tax litigations in close cooperation with the Market Tax Manager (MTM).
- A university degree in Accounting or Tax.
- At least 4-7 years’ experience in Tax accounting, with some experience/knowledge in Corporate Income Tax, VAT/GST.
- Good understanding of IFRS.
- Clear affinity in working on IT systems and solutions in the financial reporting area, as well as extensive hands on experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptable to a fast changing environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with various business functions and governmental bodies.
- Willing to travel where needed.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top