Real Estate Design & Construction Program Manager
Job TitleReal Estate Design & Construction Program Manager
You will oversee Real Estate construction projects and facilities management for the Western Region of North America for Royal Philips a global healthcare technology company.
It is the responsibility of this Senior Manager to ensure Philips Real Estate (PRE) construction projects (i.e. large capital construction projects, refurbishments, decommissioning’s, etc.) are kept on track within quality standards, timely deadlines and budget limitations. In addition to construction, you are also responsible for supporting facilities service delivery alignment and cost reduction efforts.
- Plan projects and ensure it remains aligned with ongoing business case (investor). * Manage project financial compliance to AOP and investor from start to finish with the highest integrity.
- Present accurate and timely project plans, status reporting and spend forecasting to senior project stakeholders for alignment, commitment and decision making.
- Work with business stakeholders to perform change management where necessary.
- Support feasibility studies and business case calculations, plan project execution and resources and ensure they meet aligned targets.
- Delegate project roles, monitor progress and resources and initiate corrective actions if needed, both internally and externally (contractors, architects, external project teams, etc.).
- Manage, approve and comply with project-related accounting, invoices, PO’s, checks, vendor relations, procurement procedures, etc.
- Further develop workplace solutions (e.g. Workplace Innovation), guidelines and change management processes for Philips Real Estate.
- Take ownership of portfolio for all client service delivery in the facilities arena.
- Drive service standards and alignment with strategic facility management partner.
- Manage cost reduction efforts insuring multiple year goals are achieved.
- Manage service delivery excellence through scorecard and KPI evaluations.
- Collaboratively work with other regions in defining best in class industry standards for facility management.
The position is part of the Philips Real Estate Team reporting into Corporate Finance, and this role will report to the Head of Real Estate in Andover, MA and will support the Western Director of Market Service Facilities Manager who manages both the Western and Central Regions. You are part of the team responsible for projects and facilities in North, South and Central America. There are two Program Managers and two Directors of Market Service Facilities Management in the NAM region who have market and business unit responsibilities.
Oversees a portfolio of projects and facilities at approximately 15 sites covering 1.7M square feet in the western part of the United States. Philips Real Estate is striving to define best in class Facilities Service for the employees of the various business units, this position will allow the candidate to bring creative thinking to the work place and help design the best in class service. Our goal is to define best in class facilities service and have others follow our lead. We work to achieve the best value for the company and its employees that being the right service level at the right price.
We Are Looking For
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, architecture, construction/facilities management or other relevant discipline.
- Relevant accreditation preferred (PMI, Prince II or similar)
- 8+ years of relevant experience and track record in international project management, construction management, facilities management, cost estimating, office projects and workplace design, industrial medical projects, cleanroom, FDA requirements and environmental health and safety
Construction Project Management
- Proven ability to drive projects and change initiatives through multinational project teams (both internally and externally) across a matrix environment
- Preferred experience in delivering alternative workplace solutions and change management programs for: virtual workforce, collaboration and scrum spaces and facilities operations.
- Solid analytical and financial acumen, experience in business case calculations, project financials, cost estimating and legal issues
- Can manage large outsource agreements across a diverse geographic area and business units
- Management of a large diverse portfolio of facilities, office, industrial and R&D
- Experience in cost reduction efforts
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and effective, can cope with a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience in relevant project management and facilities software, databases, Microsoft Office, Skype and Excel
- Fluent in English; Spanish and Portuguese a plus
- Candidate must have the ability to travel within region up to 50% of the time.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top