R&D Controller Oral Healthcare
Job TitleR&D Controller Oral Healthcare
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Are you an ambitious finance & accounting professional, looking for a position in the heart of the fast growing and profitable global Oral Healthcare (OHC) organization? Then this might be the job for you!
As business analyst Innovation and Development (I&D) based in Bothell (USA – WA state) you drive and grow business value by ensuring financially sound reporting on which the business makes decision and by setting and achieving Oral Healthcare financial and operational and strategic targets.
You are responsible for
- Analyzes and reports on I&D performance by means of: Monthly performance, AOP, product portfolio integral profitability analysis (incl. future portfolio value creation potential), Quarterly Forecasting, RoFo, Strategic Plan.
- Set up, maintenance and improvement of I&D planning in Bothell and reporting for business/BG.
- Be a sparring partner toward the OHC Innovation Leader, OHC Business Controller.
- Review, cost control, Target Setting analysis, etc.
- Performs forward-looking ad-hoc analysis, such as project & strategy evaluation, benchmarking, scenario and I&D bridge analysis, support in MPR/QPR roll-up for BU OHC/BG H&W etc.
- Prepares, attends, minutes and keeps track of follow-ups regarding performance and operational I&D (finance) meetings. Takes initiative to bring relevant financial issues to the attention of the OHC innovation lead, business controller OHC/Head of Finance BG H&W.
- Drive LEAN and KAIZEN initiative to improve the monthly/quarterly R&D forecasting reliability
- Set up workday 5 actual reporting mechanism towards OHC business controller on R&D actual performance.
- Relevant stakeholders: interacts smoothly within H&W business leaders, H&W Innovation Leader and transforms the I&D business analyst role into a strong business partnering, seamless interaction with I&D and COE Integral Cost Management and business controllers/HoF H&W. Participates in HW BG Finance team meetings.
- Understands systems and tools. Represent Finance in all new systems implementations by teaming up with the Project Support Office and IT.
- Ensures quality, accuracy and integrity of information stored in our systems, enabling a single source of truth.
- Site Controller OHC Bothell: ensure a timely, completely and reliable Planning & Control Cycle (SP/AOP/RoFo/MEC) for an annualized amount of USD 20 Mio via reporting in 2 dedicated ORUs
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare team is responsible for continuous value creation through meaningful innovations that improves people's healthy lives. The finance team supports value creation, investment and portfolio decisions for global Oral Healthcare as well as the sound actuals reporting on a monthly basis. The Health & Wellness finance team gives support as business partners to the business leaders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A degree in Business Economics / Finance & Controlling / Accounting
- Proven relevant experience via internship, proven FP&A work-experience of >7 years.
- Proactive attitude, assertive
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong conceptual skills but also hands-on
- Ability to influence many stakeholders and team up with others
- Experience with LEAN, PRIDE and have a mindset of continuous experience
In return, we offer you
As business analyst I&D Bothell (USA – Washington state) your will report into OHC Business Controller. You will be the key Finance contact for the BG Health & Wellness finance team related to Innovation and development as well as the key contact for all CoEs and Accounting Operations NA. You will have exposure to senior management in reporting out sound and first time right financial information to Business Controller oral healthcare, Innovation leader, and Health & Wellness.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top