R&D Assembler 3
R&D Assembler 3
We welcome you to join Philips IGT-Devices as an R&D Assembler 3 in our San Diego, CA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
As the R&D Assembler, you will be using a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble/test medical devices.
You are responsible for
- Troubleshoot and develop manufacturing assembly processes as instructed by engineering (R&D)
- Effectively communicate process experiment results and give suggestions for improvement with engineering
- Generate assembly production documentation and suggest process conditions or alternative solutions to achieve results (materials, work instruction documentation/improvements)
- Create manufacturing concepts and apply troubleshooting techniques as required by engineering
- Performs a number of similar tasks. Has an operational role. Checks quality of own operations and intervenes within fixed limits
- Performs primarily routine work, carried out on the basis of clear working instructions
- Works in accordance with procedures and rules
- Works under direct supervision
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires 2+ years of related experience
- Previous experience in a medical device related field is highly preferred
- Experience in Guide Wire assembly preferred
- Experience working in R&D as an assembler
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and ruler measurements
- Ability to use computer and associated MS software products
- Advanced equipment, assembly, and soldering skills are necessary
- Microscope experience - ability to assemble small parts under microscope
- Previous experience in a Controlled Environment Area (CER)
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top