Quality Analyst (Medical Complaint Investigation)
Job TitleQuality Analyst (Medical Complaint Investigation)
Quality Analyst (Complaint Investigation)
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
- Your challenge
As the incumbent of this Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Areas of responsibilities (KARS) for this role include:
- Work with a variety of diverse persons within the company such as Engineers, Scientists, Clinical Specialists, Field Service & Application Engineers, and Manufacturing personnel to facilitate the complaint handling process globally
- Evaluate customer feedback, service records, and other sources of customer and internal for possible complaint.
- Initiate complaint in process and applicable tool.
- Evaluate incoming data and determine if it is sufficient to understand the nature of the complaint
- Communicate with customers, call center reps and FSEs to gather more data on complaints as needed
- Confirm complaint condition and determine corrective action (including CAPA as needed)
- Communicate with complainant as needed to follow up on and resolve complaint; follow up with end user/customer via complaint submitter when needed
- Assess if the Risk assessment is covering the hazard in the complaint
- Complete all needed records in a timely and accurate manner.
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
The post-market surveillance team is responsible for monitoring, investigating, tracking and reporting on the performance of all SRC products in the field primarily through the management of the Complaint Handling System. They are responsible for reporting individual complaints as described in the Medical Device Reporting and Medical Device Vigilance systems as well as similar reporting structures worldwide. Should the need arise, the team is responsible for the management of any Field Corrective Actions or Field Safety Notices.
Location: Kennesaw, GA
We are looking for:
A person who is excited by the unique professional challenges that our Quality Transformation presents, has strong technical competencies, and demonstrates resilience challenging, often demanding situations. We are looking for a perfectionist- a fixer who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job. We’re looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality above all else in a relentless pursuit to improve the quality of life billions for the billions of people Philips brand touches each year.
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor Degree
- 1+ years of experience with complaint investigation in a medical device or regulated industry.
- Basic understanding of CAPA, as well as global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and
Call to Action / Contact
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top