Q&R Project Manager, Product Quality Engineering
Job TitleQ&R Project Manager, Product Quality Engineering
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The role is responsible for the program processes and execution excellence; including Product Quality Engineering (PQE) portfolio management. Reports to the Head of PQE
You are responsible for:
- Responsible for maintaining PQE program/project portfolio funnel.
- Responsible for clear, quantifiable measurement of project progress.
- Accountable for developing, operationalizing, and communicating project plans and status.
- Manage changes to program's scope, schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Generate an engaging and positive environment; be capable of leading through solid line or dotted line resources
- Mentor & coach any key personnel on Program/project methodologies and skills necessary to deliver program/project success
You are a part of:
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence change and challenge status quo with respect to opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Build strong relationships with other Communities of Practice and Business Transformation groups across Philips
- BS or MS in relevant field including Quality Management, Manufacturing, or other related MBA, or relevant business experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills to influence key decision makers at all levels in the organization
- Relentless focus on Product Quality as an organizational value.
- Prior experience successfully leading large and complex quality continuous improvement programs and projects, with demonstrated success and impact on quality KPI's such as product field actions, Call Rate and Complaints
- Data-driven decision-making and the ability to move teams through vague and complex situations to develop clearly defined programs
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Quality Engineering (e.g., CQE body of knowledge)
- DMAIC, 8D and other problem solving and analytical skills. Strong knowledge of statistics and experience with application in a medical device development and manufacturing environment required
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
In return, we offer you:
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top