Project Manager - Imaging Disposables
Job TitleProject Manager - Imaging Disposables
We welcome you to join Volcano a Philips Company as a Project Manager –
Imaging Disposables in our San Diego, CA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group. As the Project Manager – Imaging Disposables, you will bring strong practical experience managing both change initiatives and R&D projects in a medical device company. This is a role with a lot of visibility in an environment focused on growth and a genuine desire to improve with support from all levels of the organization. As one might expect, this role has significant growth potential.
You are responsible for
- Managing large cross-functional projects related to the development of medical devices involving disposables, software, hardware, systems or a combination thereof
- Maintaining project data necessary to understand assumptions made, progress made and issues or risks associated with the project. Organizes the archives of project information through the development, maintenance and education of MS Sharepoint.
- Teaching project stakeholders how to effectively recall project information to help drive appropriate decisions
- Developing then executes standard communications regarding progress, issues, risks, mitigations, budget and other project metrics
- Serving as the spokesperson for his/her project teams in team, management update and design control review meetings.
- Representing the teams in meetings with executive management
- Leading large project teams through the preparation, presentation and archival of Design Control reviews and other project deliverables
- Mentoring junior level project managers on project management best practice and tools
- Providing training and education to employees at all levels of the organization on project management software, tools and processes
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of direct project or program management experience in a medical device regulated environment
- Has held a leadership role on a major change initiative that impacted a large part or all of an organization
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects related to the development of medical devices involving Disposables, Software, Hardware, Systems or a combination thereof
- Experience leading cross-functional team meetings, management updates and internal development review meetings
- Experience managing the development of medical devices through initial launch within the US, EU, Japan or a combination thereof
- Working knowledge of Design Controls regulatory requirements (US, EU and Japan)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Discipline, Masters preferred
- Experience defending project information or processes in a regulatory audit (FDA, BSI, MHLW, etc.)
- Experience medical device software development, preferably using Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience with Class II or III interventional cardiology devices including IVUS catheters, Functional Management guidewires, coronary / peripheral guidewires and catheters
- PMP Certification
- Experience developing, managing and using MS Sharepoint in a project or team setting
Travel: 15% (Domestic AND International)
Relocation: Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to San Diego at this time.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top