Project Manager - Imaging Disposables
Job TitleProject Manager – Imaging Disposables
Volcano is radically improving its project management capabilities and looking for an experienced project management professional to dive in and lead portions of the re-engineering initiative, mentor our more junior level PMs on best practices and manage large cross-functionally supported R&D project teams of their own.
Ideally, we need someone with strong practical experience managing both change initiatives and R&D projects in a medical device company. This is a role with a lot of visibility in an environment focused on growth and a genuine desire to improve with support from all levels of the organization. As one might expect, this role has significant growth potential.
- Works with functional area leaders and internal subject matter experts to lead the optimization of Volcano’s product development and design controls processes
- Manages large cross-functional projects related to the development of medical devices involving disposables, software, hardware, systems or a combination thereof
- Maintains project data necessary to understand assumptions made, progress made and issues or risks associated with the project. Organizes the archives of project information through the development, maintenance and education of MS Sharepoint. Teaches project stakeholders how to effectively recall project information to help drive appropriate decisions.
- Develops then executes standard communications regarding progress, issues, risks, mitigations, budget and other project metrics.
- Serves as the spokesperson for his/her project teams in team, management update and design control review meetings. Will represent the teams in meetings with executive management.
- Leads large project teams through the preparation, presentation and archival of Design Control reviews and other project deliverables.
- Mentors junior level project managers on project management best practice and tools
- Provides training and education to employees at all levels of the organization on project management software, tools and processes
- Represents the PMO on internal change initiatives focused on improving Volcano’s processes
- Will serve as an internal consultant for the deployment of the new PMO processes, tools and templates.
We are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of direct project or program management experience in a regulated environment
- Has held a leadership role on a major change initiative that impacted a large part or all of an organization
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects related to the development of medical devices involving Disposables, Software, Hardware, Systems or a combination thereof
- Experience leading cross-functional team meetings, management updates and internal development review meetings
- Experience managing the development of medical devices through initial launch within the US, EU, Japan or a combination thereof
- Working knowledge of Design Controls regulatory requirements (US, EU and Japan)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Discipline, Masters preferred
- Experience defending project information or processes in a regulatory audit (FDA, BSI, MHLW, etc.)
- Experience medical device software development, preferably using Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience with Class II or III interventional cardiology devices including IVUS catheters, Functional Management guidewires, coronary / peripheral guidewires and catheters
- Experience using Critical Chain Project Management
- Experience using the ProChain suite of software (Scheduler, Enterprise and Pipeline)
- PMP Certification
- Experience developing, managing and using MS Sharepoint in a project or team setting
Travel: 15% (Domestic AND International)
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Location: San Diego, CA
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top