Project Manager (DESSA - Process Improvement)
- Nashville, TN
Project Manager (DESSA - Process Improvement)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide continuous improvement, strategic planning, alignment and execution of portfolio and project work within the Operational Excellence Team at the Nashville Global Business Services (GBS) Office. As Project Manager, you will initiate, lead and implement projects in support of GBS continuous improvement efforts and the North American Market programs. In particular, be focused on the multi year DESSA project whose objective is to drive process standardization and automation. You will also assist with the PMO structure, function level strategic planning, strategic alignment, delivering on business commitments working closely with the Director of Operational Excellence.
This role will also work closely with the functional teams in GBS North America to understand, design and implement opportunities for standardization and simplification, as well as the global DESSA team where you will have the opportunity to shape how GBS standardizes and automates to deliver a high quality future. Projects are lead through structural approach, using standard methodology and best practices approach to ensure the seamless and effective integration of new products, services and applications. To assist with structuring a strong PMO and deliver results against commitments requires a focus on process excellence, process flow and change management.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Act as lead for North America in the global GBS DESSA program
- Assist with strengthening the PMO structure and deliver results against commitments
- Influence others on continuous improvement, project development & execution, team up with partners on process and project excellence
- Responsible for gaining agreements on project objectives, balancing schedule, cost, quality and requirements.
- Ensuring effective project realization.
- Manages the scope and requirements, as well as key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the business case and is a business partner focused on maximization of the added value for the business.
- Manages projects ensuring execution is in line with project guidelines and directives using standard E2E approach
- Determines project risks, defines corrective action and drives the projects to closure.
- Determines, allocates, and directs all project resources in accordance with guidelines
- Ensure compliance to Philips standard processes applicable for the project
- Responsible to report on the status of the project to the project governance bodies and ensure transparency
- Manages changes to the cost, time and scope of the project through formal change control processes
- Ensure continuous communication with all key stakeholders of the project and share the required information as per communication plan
- Formulates E2E project plan, in accordance with the goals and timing, set by management; specifies the manning of the project, resources required, anticipated costs, risk assessment and quality standards to be used
- Controls the project budget and project progress, evaluates all project initiatives as to feasibility, costs/benefits and added value, takes corrective actions when necessary and generates adequate reporting
- Reports on project team performance to the hierarchical superior of the particular member or the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for trainings
- Manages conflict and drive team collaboration to achieve project results
- Fosters excellent cross functional communications and integrates the work of multiple stakeholders to achieve business objectives
- Responsible to engage and manage 3rd party suppliers involved in the project
- Leads project, within the project budget and program strategy, in terms of quality, money, time, information and organization, monitoring progress and managing external resources
- Direct project team and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally
- Drive organizational change management activities to drive adoption of project results
- Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Exercises judgment and influence on key process decisions within an area.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
You are a part of
This position is a part of our Global Business Services group responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. We are looking to expand our team in Nashville of passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals that is powering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 2.5B people a year by 2030
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP certificated is highly preferred, although not required
- 3+ years of relevant working experience, including experience in successfully managing various projects
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in structuring complex tasks and coordination of complex processes
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Change management skills
- Good process and data analytical skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a pressurized environment and work proactively to ensure project milestones are met
- Has an understanding of a PMO structure, alignment with strategy & initiatives
- Lean experienced is preferred
- Ensure on time delivery, quality, and budget delivery of projects:
- Ensure Project outputs delivered according to project charter; TG's sign off on time
- Utilize standard methodology based on assessment
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction (NPS)
- Ensure Projects are delivered within the budget
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to the Greater Nashville Area.
Why should you join Philips Global Business Services?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to make life better for people through your meaningful work, focused on positively impacting 2.5 billion lives a year by 2030. You will be challenged every day to think fast and work innovatively by building knowledge and sharing best practices to help our business to grow.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Back to top