Job TitleProject Manager
As a Project Manager you will lead a cross-functional team responsible for Lifecycle Management of Premium and High End systems within the Ultrasound portfolio (with annual revenue around $500 Million). Lifecycle Management includes proactively developing and implementing Project Plans and addressing issues to ensure assurance of supply, obsolescence, product quality, value engineering, and design transfer. Your responsibilities will include managing internal and external stakeholders, including the Ultrasound Management Team. As a Project Manager you will prepare the business case for lifecycle, quality improvement and value engineering projects, analyze ROI and formulate the overall project assignment. You will consult with relevant functions and get the business case approved by Management.
As Project Manager you will:
- Engage with Philips functions to understand their needs and gathering consensus when there are conflicting needs.
- Define the interfaces with internal and external Philips functions, and will come up with the ways of working.
- Outline Project Risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Represent the project team in the business and will provide Management with regular project performance status updates, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions.
- Direct Project Leads and other team members located at multiple sites, giving them operational guidance.
- Report on employees’ performance to functional management and propose training when shortcomings are observed.
- Be expected to formulate and deploy process improvement initiatives to make the organization more lean and efficient, reducing waste.
- Drive new ways to bring Lifecycle Management, Design Transfer, Product Quality Management and Value Engineering practices to the next level of performance.
- Motivating, directing, and integrating multiple functions and staff performing different tasks and with differing priorities and measures of success.
- Assure synergy between the sub-projects and cross-functions.
- Plan, manage and optimize a multi-million-dollar budget for FTE and non-FTE, to maximize business returns.
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures, and standards, and will lead quality initiatives to ensure quality deliverables of subsystems delivered.
- Stay abreast of developments in project management tools and processes (both internal and external).
The Ultrasound R&D is responsible for the complete product development lifecycle, working cross-functionally with each of the Business Segments (Cardiology, General Imaging, Value Segment, UltraMobile, Service), Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, Regulatory, and Business Development. Engineers work in Electrical, Mechanical, Acoustic, Software, and Systems Engineering, with a focus on total customer solutions across a wide range of clinical applications, a diverse set of geographies, and a full range of price-performance levels for Ultrasound Systems.
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
We are looking for
- BS in Software/Electrical/Computer Science/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Successful track record of project management for Research & Development or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional lifecycle product management including significant Mechanical, Electrical and Software components
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong aspiration to develop team members and self
- Great work ethics with a passion for quality, Lean and business efficiency
- Experience in a regulated medical device development and manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of Ultrasound Business and Market
- Strong technical understanding of Ultrasound System architecture, design and manufacturing
- Experience working with geographies outside of the United States, with specific interest in India and China
- PMP Certification is a plus
- MBA or equivalent training is a plus
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top