Job TitleProject Manager
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
As part of the Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions Patient Interface Team, the incumbent is a new product development project champion and is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing the specifications, technical design, and performance criteria for products targeting the Non-Invasive Ventilation Market. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
Job skills & knowledge
- Full knowledge and understanding of the work responsibilities.
- A consistent and aggressive commitment to the successful application of knowledge, skills, principles and practices that produce quality work and satisfied customers.
- Continue to add new knowledge for personal and organizational growth.
- Proactively share knowledge with others.
- A positive team-member, who listens to other opinions, accepts and uses suggestions for improvement.
- An interested and engaged contributor to the team’s creative problem solving and technical challenges.
- Ability to flex assignments in order to meet group objectives and milestones.
- Must be well-organized, able to function with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop, nurture, and ultimately work with a cross functional global project team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to see the “big picture” of a project, while at the same time flagging the small details that others on your team are missing.
Innovation & change
- While ensuring quality, look for ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s systems, processes and tools.
- Be flexible to change what is not working well.
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
- Sound decision-making logic. Think logically and practically when evaluating solutions. Use previous results as a method for learning and improving the quality of subsequent decisions.
- Continuously questions and confirms results and recognizes when results are not in line with expectations.
- Project status reporting to business leadership regarding schedules, risks, and budget.
- Must have the tenacity for combating project challenges (ie; continuous flow of disrupting events, setbacks, and conflicts of priority).
- Must be able to make decisions with incomplete information and conflicting effects.
- Determines project risks, defines corrective actions and tracks project to closure.
The Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions Patient Interface Team develops ventilation solutions for the non-invasive ventilation (NIV) market. While we are closely integrated within the Patient Interface business unit of Philips, our expertise and focus lies in serving customers in hospital and institutional environments. Our team’s success relies on our strong interactions between the R&D and marketing functions.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
We are looking for
- Progressive professional experience
- A minimum of 8 years of project management experience or demonstrated experience managing cost, time, resources and risk in order to meet customer needs.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in new product development
- A minimum of 8 years professional experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience utilizing an integrated product development process including industrial design, marketing, engineering and operational functions, required.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with stage gate product development processes
- Demonstrated successful results in evaluating, developing and implementing new product designs
- Demonstrated successful results in leading technical teams
- Experience managing project resources across multiple geographic locations required.
- Medical Device experience preferred, or experience in a regulated industry environment – aerospace, defense, automotive etc.
- Experience with patent interpretation a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, required
- Masters of Science or Business discipline a plus
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top