Job TitleProject Engineer
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
This position is a Project Engineer position focusing on architecture and systems engineering for a new ventilator program in the development team of the Therapeutic Care Group. This ventilator program is part of a platform that will serve our hospital patients. This position will coordinate the technical development and adoption of the mechanical, electrical and software systems into a hospital ventilator that meets our customer’s needs. Strong software, system engineering and commercialization skills needed. Will lead the design, implementation and qualification of new to world prototypes / products. Must relish change, respond to challenge and be creative. Startup, small company or entrepreneurial experience and attitude desired. Broad experience, Systems, SW and people skills desired. This is a great opportunity to work and lead a team in integrated innovative technologies to solve patient needs. Experience in institutional health related hardware and software applications is a plus.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Adapt the systems architecture for a hospital mid- acuity ventilator
2. Rapidly produce prototype designs that can be market tested and grow into product
3. Work efficiently with product marketers and technical teams to create solutions meeting customer needs using available technology
4. Advise management on strategic and organization directions from a systems architecture impact
5. Produce designs, requirements and effort estimates to complete projects
6. Work closely with other architects to re-use available modules
Co-develop the applications with other Software team(s), both internal or external
8. Guide/mentor junior team members in the implementation of the solutions
9. Lead and participate in Design Reviews
10. Agile in thinking and be able to work in a dynamic development environment
11. Demonstrated experience working in a team environment on medical and/or personal use software co-design product development projects, using a structured formal approach from concept to develop, transfer and release.
At Philips we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our ventilation products. This tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
This position resides in the Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions business of Philips Health-Tech. Our mission is improving people’s lives through innovation. Our vision is to improve the lives of three billion people by 2025.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over a billion lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
We are looking for
- BS degree in computer science or engineering or related technical discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development; of which at least 3 years should be related to medical device development
- Able to develop solutions of significant complexity and uncertainty from concept thru launch with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in working on technical and design teams
- Experience with FDA, MDD, & ISO Quality System Requirements and their application within a medical product development environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Lead by vision and knowledge, not power
- Entrepreneurial/Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Be able to work on high performing Agile team
- Handle uncertainty around the products/projects with positive attitude
- Committed and motivated to fulfill customer needs
- Think innovative solutions to the problems
- Take the Lean approach towards solutions and processes
- Must have keen sense of urgency, common sense, and be able to make decision based on facts and using the input from peers
- Capable of evaluating ideas and identifying gaps and show stoppers
- Able to collaborate with both local and international teams
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts
- Willingness to travel and align with architects and development teams in the US and Europe
- Solid experience with development graphic user interfaces. Portable imbedded Graphical User Interfaces (PEGx) or Altia User Interface Design Tools Experience a plus.
- Ability to work from high level architecture concepts to low level implementation
- Experience with imbedded software development utilizing C/C++ programming
- Demonstrated experience with creating new concepts, demonstrating feasibility, completing development, documentation, validation, and release of software/hardware features for new products, required.
Working knowledge of Real Time Operating System kernel services
- Device driver development
- In-circuit emulator experience
- Working knowledge of formal software development processes
- Full-cycle involvement in requirements, design, implementation and release phases.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top