Production Team Leader
Job TitleProduction Team Leader
The position is in the production area, products involved are the manufacturing of kits for dental professionals.
Become a team member by contributing with enthusiasm to meet objectives.
Speed of execution while maintaining high quality standards is fundamental for our business, sense of urgency.
Adapt to constant changes in production due to large mix small volume orders.
- You and your teams safety is the most important thing in our factory; compliance to safety policies and GMP’s are a must.
- Lead a team consisting of 3+ assembler 2/ team leads and 1+ material handlers
- Execute daily production schedule provided by planning department with a quality focus; coordinate with material handlers and maintenance personnel for a successful execution of the plan.
- Ensure all procedures are followed and documentation completed by the team assigned to ensure the production of quality products to our customers and the compliance of domestic and international regulations.
- Train personnel in the team or production lines assigned through on-the-job training or classroom training.
- Lead daily management meetings with team and work with the team to identify the root cause and countermeasures to problems to meet or exceed quality and performance targets. Update performance indicators on visual management boards.
- Coach assembler 2 / team leaders on behavior, performance, and continuous improvement to meet quality, performance, and delivery targets.
- Able to work on assembly lines and/or cover assembler 2 / team leaders due to employee absenteeism when needed.
- Attention to detail while doing the work, promoting positive team attitude.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Principles in all activities related to the position
- Input the required data for work order completion using PowerCerv system, including closing work orders, issuing components, scrapping parts, and recording defective components.
What We Are Looking For;
- Exhibit the Philips behaviors “Eager to win, Take ownership, and Team up to excel”.
- Good communication skills with other production line people, as well as support departments.
- Good initiative, able to perform minor production equipment set up and or adjustments.
- Good computer skills; comfortable using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and barcode scanners
- Ensure company policies and guidelines are followed properly
- Employee needs to have the flexibility to work OT and other shifts when requested by management.
- Minimum education: High School graduate or GED.
- Ability to communicate in English, verbally and written. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment is a plus.
- Experience with lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with traceability and lot control is a plus.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top