Job TitleProduction Supervisor
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Become a team member by contributing with enthusiasm to meet objectives.
- Speed of execution while maintaining high quality standards is fundamental for our business, sense of urgency.
- Adapt to constant changes in production due to large mix small volume orders.
You are a part of
- The position is in the production area, products involved are the manufacturing of kits for dental professionals.
- You and your teams safety is the most important thing in our factory; compliance to safety policies and GMP's are a must.
- Lead a team consisting of 3+ assembler 2/ team leads and 1+ material handlers
- Execute daily production schedule provided by planning department with a quality focus; coordinate with material handlers and maintenance personnel for a successful execution of the plan.
- Ensure all procedures are followed and documentation completed by the team assigned to ensure the production of quality products to our customers and the compliance of domestic and international regulations.
- Train personnel in the team or production lines assigned through on-the-job training or classroom training.
- Lead daily management meetings with team and work with the team to identify the root cause and countermeasures to problems to meet or exceed quality and performance targets. Update performance indicators on visual management boards.
- Coach assembler 2 / team leaders on behavior, performance, and continuous improvement to meet quality, performance, and delivery targets.
- Able to work on assembly lines and/or cover assembler 2 / team leaders due to employee absenteeism when needed.
- Attention to detail while doing the work, promoting positive team attitude.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Principles in all activities related to the position
- Input the required data for work order completion using PowerCerv system, including closing work orders, issuing components, scrapping parts, and recording defective components.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Exhibit the Philips behaviors "Eager to win, Take ownership, and Team up to excel".
- Good communication skills with other production line people, as well as support departments.
- Good initiative, able to perform minor production equipment set up and or adjustments.
- Good computer skills; comfortable using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and barcode scanners
- Ensure company policies and guidelines are followed properly
- Employee needs to have the flexibility to work OT and other shifts when requested by management.
- Minimum education: High School graduate or GED.
- Ability to communicate in English, verbally and written. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment is a plus.
- Experience with lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with traceability and lot control is a plus.
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top