Job TitleProduction Supervisor
The Production Supervisor’s role is to manage a production shift to deliver products against cost, according to planning and quality & time requirements.
Effectively manage the right people, with the right skills, ensure team works safely and to our standard work processes to deliver the production plan efficiently.
Manage priorities and escalate in-line with process.
Please note this is a 1 year fixed term contract.
- Safety – ensure risk assessments in place and followed, near misses implemented
- Direct Labour supervision and daily management (PMM, Attendance management, etc.) Ensuring robust performance management in place for VS team members. Including scheduling and working with a defined workforce plan
- Ensuring that all production processes are covered by suitable standard work, it has been adequately trained and is being followed (Kami check)
- Ensuring that the process quality checks are being executed and actioned upon
- Delivery of the production plan and transparent SPQDCC metric reporting
- Identifying, championing and supporting C.I. activities through the application of Lean tools and TPM
You will be responsible for a maximum of 4 team leaders, with their team of circa 30-40 operators.
This position will be based from our Glemsford site in Sudbury, Suffolk.
This role involves weekend shift working, where you will work either Friday/Saturday/Sunday, or Saturday/Sunday/Monday on a 12 hour shift from either 6am-6pm, or 6pm-6am on a two week rotational basis.
We are looking for
- Possesses working knowledge of manufacturing including the underlying theories and concepts of manufacturing
- Oversees the implementation of new systems and processes
- Conducts and presents analysis of production data to support sales, R&D and purchasing
- Demonstrable people management skills with the ability to balance multiple people challenges of varying complexities
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Working knowledge of environmental, safety and quality regulations
- Contributes to solving technical shortcomings in production process and equipment and escalate or works in partnership with Engineering
- Guiding and coaching Team Leaders
- IOSH Managing Safely Trained
- Quality Management Systems
- Lean manufacturing
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Financial/Costing – basic
- Inventory Management
- Disciplinary & Grievance
- Coaching/Mentoring Skills
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
- Access to private healthcare insurance
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
- Subsidised Café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top