In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Production Planner generates a final and feasible Master Production Schedule (MPS), Detailed Production Schedule (DPS), Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and manages buffer/ supermarket stocks based on Demand Driven Materials Requirement Planning (DDMRP) principles in Industrial Production Centers (IPCs) or Late Customization Centers (LCCs) in order to ensure inventory availability for fulfillment of customer demand.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring on-time delivery of customer orders
- Managing the quality of planning related master data in close co-operation with Enterprise Information Management (EIM)
- Generating a feasible/ final Master Production Schedule (MPS) from the Initial/ semi-final Master Production Schedule provided by the Supply Planning function
- Generating a feasible Detailed Production Schedule (DPS) from the Master Production Schedule (MPS), while minimizing the changeover times in co-operation with Production/ Operations Management
- Optimizing utilization of workforce and equipment
- Material Requirements Plan (MRP) with support of Operational Buyers
- Managing buffer/ supermarket stocks based on Demand Driven Materials Requirement Planning (DDMRP) principles
- Organizing and chairing the daily/ weekly planning handshake meetings with Production/ Operations Management
- Monitoring of inventory levels of finished goods, semi-finished goods and raw materials
- Initiation of improvement processes to improve the quality of the planning processes and inventory levels
- Identifying risks in inventory availability/production capacity, suggesting solutions and driving escalations if needed (expedite, increase, outsource)
You are a part of
This role will be a part of the Manufacturing Team in Reedsville, PA.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market-leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate's Degree
- Min 3 years of practical experience with planning in manufacturing environment
- Advanced computer skills with experience in ERP and Reporting systems (SAP is preferable)
- Practical working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Practical working knowledge of Lean manufacturing and deployment of Lean tools is a plus
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top