Production Manager (Med Device)
Production Manager (Med Device)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Execute the daily management of the production and operational groups in our Carlsbad, CA location. By using your technical, logistical and organizational skills and experience, you will initiate improvements within the teams and ensure the day-day and year-year improvement goals are met.
You are responsible for
- Monitoring and improving the overall operation of Assembly Production Lines to achieve the KPI's on safety, quality, delivery, cost, efficiency and flexibility.
- Daily management of the production organization, the group leaders and indirect reports, 50 to 75 employees.
- Drawing up, implementing and securing an annual plan in collaboration with the team, to realize the targets set in the AOP.
- Implementing LEAN methodologies and continuous improvements in both product and process level, in collaboration with operations and R&D.
- Budgeting AOP for the department timely and effectively, to ensure the cost of both daily operation and capex investment is reserved and controlled properly.
- Ensuring that relevant regulations, internal standards and corporate policies are complied with, while periodically identifying environment aspects and health & safety hazards.
- Organizing relevant teams actively participating in new project introduction to make sure the new project realized properly.
- Organizing and arranging training, performance management, coaching and development to relevant staff and operators.
You are a part of
The Monitoring and Analytics (MA) & Therapeutic Care Supply Chain OPS Logistics business group, within the Connected Care & Health Informatics business cluster. Our MA solutions reach more than 370 million people every year. You will be reporting to OPS Director in the Carlsbad, CA location.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (REQUIRED)
- Experience working in Class II or III regulated environment (i.e. Med Device, Health Tech or Pharma) (REQUIRED)
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification/qualification (REQUIRED)
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional manufacturing and/or operations teams
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets/AOP's and/or financial performance
- 5+ years of experience with ERP systems, electronic DHR's or document control systems
- Experiece driving quality improvement and increasing customer satisfaction
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to gain a broad knowledge of the business, from order to cash and full supply chain. You will have the chance to shape and standardize business processes for a large piece of the Philips enterprise, while drive meaningful change.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog . You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top