Product Support Engineer
- Bothell, WA
Product Support Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Our venture team in Radiology Solutions needs YOU. Our team runs a portfolio of strategic ventures within the Radiology healthcare specialty at Philips. These entrepreneurial enterprises are run as startups within our Integrated Radiology (IR) portfolio, with a mandate to design, develop, and deliver Minimal Viable Solutions in targeted growth segments.
As a Product Support Engineer, you will work closely with our Solution Delivery Teams, Product teams and customers. Product Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals. You should be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
You are responsible for
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years p roven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Experience in using cloud-based tools like azure, ServiceNow, PagerDuty etc.,
- Experience in working on KVM products
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Experience in Linux environments
- Experience in using ssh and other Linux associate tools
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk, 365 dynamics, sales force, )
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Experience in healthcare industry
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship fora work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top