Product Support Engineer
Product Support Engineer
PRODUCTION SUPPORT ENGINEER
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
We're looking for a sharp, self-motivated Engineer interested in solving issues for our custom application built on Philips Hospital-to-Home technology eco-system. You'll be part of a dynamic operations product support team that uses high energy to find solutions for customer and partner problems. If you like problem solving and the satisfaction that comes with resolving complex technical and operational issues, this is the job for you.
In addition to providing a high level of quality, exceptional teamwork is essential to ensure we meet our commitments to customers. You will provide technical escalation support, in the area of our Ambulatory Care Telehealth solution. This support is through interactions with R&D, Global Operations, partner organizations working with our customers and third party vendors.
You are responsible for
- Triage issues that are escalated by Philips client services
- Work closely with multiple development teams to understand and resolve issues
- Lead design of service and support documentation
- Lead design of service and support training material
- Inspect production code to determine cause of issues and recommend solutions
- Represent issues for development at internal Change Control Board.
- Train the operations support team on ways to resolve repeat issues
- Troubleshoot operating system, hardware and network issues quickly and effectively
- Document all actions taken during problem resolution in appropriate internal tracking systems
- Requires minimal supervision, able to determine methods and procedures for new assignments without assistance
- 3+ years of IT Tech Support or Development
- Ability to debug and step through source code
- Database savvy
- Adapt at understanding and segmenting a complex technology eco-system
- Good oral and written communication skills
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic technical setting
- Managing incidents and problems with 3rd party software and hardware vendors
- Familiarity with large IDN and Healthcare Informatics eco-systems
- Familiarity with mobile technology platforms
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and TFS
- ITIL Fundamentals and SANS Certifications a plus
You are a part of
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top