Product Researcher, Product Research Centre
Job TitleProduct Researcher, Product Research Centre
As an Application Specialist in Garment Care, you translate what the consumers want into measurable product requirements to deliver on good usage experience of our products. You are part of the Product Research Centre supporting Research & Development. You work in cross functional teams with consumer researchers, development engineers, product designers, quality assurance, project managers and consumer marketing managers. You develop product requirements and protocols with a consumer focus early on in the project, conduct expert evaluation on the products and work with the project team to deliver on them. Your contribution is directly visible in the final product and is key in guiding future development directions of our products.
People who have performed well in this role come from a variety of background: consumer research background with interest and ability to understand and use basic physics in their daily work; mechanical engineering background with ability to put consumers in the center of their product design; quality background with ability to design requirements and test based on consumer behaviour etc.
- Understand and translate what the consumers want into measurable product requirements to deliver on good usage experience of our products
- Represent the consumer in cross-functional project teams and proactively push for delivery of requirements that satisfy consumers
- Develop product requirements and test protocols for product development purpose based on consumers’ behaviour and needs
- Conduct evaluations in the areas of product performance and usage experience
- Perform risk assessment in cases of product not meeting requirements
- Build and document competence in performance measurement methods, ergonomics, fabric and consumer behaviour
- Support projects on all consumer related aspects – provide timely upfront unambiguous input to the team actively in terms of: functionality/usability; product evaluation; consumer requirements; insights and issues; creation and validation of instruction materials
- You must be interested in understanding consumers’ motivation and interaction with garment care products
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a product/mechanical designer, product researcher or other consumer-centric roles that involve technical details
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as mechanical engineering or human factors design will be a plus
- Detail oriented so as to cover requirements from all angles
- Proactive attitude and strong drive to influence and challenge project team to deliver on requirements
- Good communication skills and team player to collaborate with team members
- Strong ability to engage in rational and logical deduction in cases of no prior data or information available
- Creative and able to think out of the box
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top