Product Engineer (New Product Development)
- State College, PA
Product Engineer (New Product Development)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Focus primarily on releasing new products into manufacturing. In addition, you will play a key role in developing new manufacturing processes and implementing process controls.
You are responsible for
- Leading the development of new processes that are highly capable and predictable.
- Developing and executing design and process verification activities, including statistical analysis, similarity and testing.
- Identifying and developing automated process solutions to reduce cost and reduce process variation.
- Managing capital equipment projects and completing necessary process validation.
- Identifying, analyzing and implementing cost reduction projects, cycle time improvements and lean manufacturing techniques, to improve product cost structure.
- Providing technical support to resolve manufacturing and quality problems, including yield and nonconforming product.
- Driving corrective action with appropriate and detailed follow up.
- Identifying, specifying and coordinating installation of new manufacturing equipment and upgrades for process improvement.
You are a part of
The Ultrasound Business Group, which resides inside our Precision Diagnostics Cluster. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Engineering.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (highly preferred), other disciplines considered with applicable experience
- 3+ years of practical experience applying engineering (ex. developing processes for new products and implementing automated equipment)
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, control systems and data acquisition methods
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to provide technical leadership in ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead teams across the organization on projects
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), team leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Methods (Process Capability, SPC, Trend Analysis) (a plus)
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to be involved with technology that helps save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine around the world. Philips is a leading innovator in Ultrasound Imaging, and at the heart of every Ultrasound System is a transducer. Transducer technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top