In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Product Engineer is responsible for hardware-related product development, product engineering activities as well as grant support. Activities may include, but are not limited to, product testing, prototype generation/coordination and testing. Product Engineer is responsible for complying with all applicable quality assurance procedures.
You are responsible for
- Performing product development, production, and grant engineering support activities as directed.
- Developing and fostering relationships with external customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Developing the work with focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for designs you are creating.
- Finalizing the design specifications, schematics, drawings, codes and writes test scenarios' for the developed modules or components.
- Creating schedules and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way and is responsible for keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget.
- Responsible for delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware.
You are a part of
Philips Neuro designs, develops and commercialises a range of non-invasive neurodiagnostic products used to monitor and interpret brain activity. A key component of these products is the Philips Neuro dense array electroencephalography (dEEG) platform technology. The dense array method gathers brain activity data from many more electrodes than conventional electroencephalography (EEG) products (up to 256), generating significantly higher quality and more precise levels of information
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineer with a focus on Hardware Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working within a manufacturing environment in a regulated environment (Med Device, DOD or Automotive)
- Project and process management and preferably experience with design for 6 sigma/ Green belt/ Lean/ Agile development
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow in order to meet established time frames and schedules.
- Previous experience working with a variety of materials and bringing new products to the medical market is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and FDA requirements is a plus.
In return, we offer you
You will be immersed in an inspiring technical environment to influence clinical outcomes, by working at the intersection of analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Also, an Entrepreneurial type of environment that will bring you a new skill acumens while making a huge impact on people's lives .
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top