Product Development Project Lead
Job TitleProduct Development Project Lead
Job DescriptionSummary Description:
- Project Lead is responsible for End-to-End leading/coordinating a small team (about 5 members) through the functional requirements as part of the Product Realization Process and/or design change process. Leading the overall planning and execution of the project, with strong focus on satisfying customer needs.
- Leads activities (sub project) within a function under a larger project/program managed by a Project/Program Manager; or,
- Leads smaller efforts across business functions outside of a project, such as design change (ECOs).
- Leads the (sum)-project team in the overall planning and execution, balancing scope, schedule and budget. Establish strong operating mechanisms to track progress, identify issues and risks, overcome obstacles, and define recovery plans.
- Chairs and coordinate the communication of activities status to Program Managers and/or relevant stakeholders
- Defines the risks of the activities (such as: specs, costs, planning, conflicting activities) and develops Mitigations.
- Ensure functional deliverables are compliant to regulatory and the business unit quality system requirements
- Coordinates employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally.
- Represents the (sub)-project team in the overall project/program forums.
- Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the (sub)-project results and the associated knowledge.
- Provides feedback on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal.
- 2+ years in a technology company, or a large capital equipment company
- PMI certification
- Green Belt certification
- 1+ years participating in cross-functional teams
- Participate in projects/programs in a matrix environment, and through any of the product lifecycle phases (from Concept/Approval, NPI through Production Release and Field Sustaining).
- Understand PLDM tools
- 3+ years’ experience in a medical device or other regulated industry
Skill set & Responsibilities
- Driving through influential leadership, while coaching of team members: Motivate and engage project team, treat them fairly and with respect. Empower them, but hold them accountable for: deliveries, schedule, process, quality;
- Good people interaction skills, including: coordination, conflict resolution, assertiveness, negotiation and influence next-level.
- Good presentation skills, appropriate to management
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top