Product Development Engineer
Job TitleProduct Development Engineer
The Lead Supply Chain Product Engineer responsible for collaboratively working with R&D, interfacing with Commodity management and Purchasing Engineering to identify and implement strategic suppliers, address quality issues, and lead cost savings projects for the Consumables and Sensors products. Be a leader in defining supplier process and purchasing specifications for existing and newly identified materials, processes, and supplier relationships to drive assurance of supply, time to market for new products, and completive value to our customers.
Expectations includes working with Philips cross functional teams to deliver on the business projects which create a robust product quality, delivery, and compliance. Lead cross functional team projects regarding supplier technology improvements, assurance of supply issues of delivery, capacity, and quality. Support supplier & sourcing management strategy, new product introduction material setup, device master record design controls management. Lead communications and coordination of change management with procurement, purchasing, order management, and engineering to enable AOS, productivity, and material cost down projects.
- Lead/collaborate Supplier Selection process with R&D and Procurement Engineering
- Supplier process qualification and development, support spec development
- Lead strategic supplier identification and development
- Manage Device Master Record for both internal and external partners
- Plan, Partner, and execute new supplier and supplier production process development and qualifications
- Execute the Manufacturing Responsible Manager (MRM) Role post product release, DMR, implement CCR Commercial Country Restriction and Product Country Status (PCS) processes
- Develop control plans and actively manage product quality at suppliers
- Ensure oversight of supplier quality/yield performance; drive improvement activities/programs
- Propose, support and lead material cost reductions through competitive quoting, re-sourcing, make-versus-buy, negotiations, process efficiencies, and design changes
- Participate in Business Reviews with Suppliers if necessary
- Customized part set-up and (form, fit, function) specification review
- Perform Data/specification exchange with suppliers upon changes including SCN management
- Perform the roll role and responsibilities of a product materials engineer defined in the PCMS organizational structure
- Travel to supplier and Philips entities in support of issues related to projects, AOS, and quality.
A Philips HeathTech organization which supports a worldwide sensors and consumables business supply chain activities. This includes supplier selection, supplier management, product and process development and specification control, product quality monitoring and supplier corrective actions. Active engagement with team’s worldwide while remaining cross functional on creating and delivering new solutions and products to market.
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. You’ll work in an international agile team with great opportunities for you to explore. You’ll be contributing to a higher Quality of life for billions of individuals and helping Philips deliver innovation that matters.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent with 15+ years’ experience in medical device industry
- Project Management Professional Certification or 5-10 years equivalent experience (Desired)
- Deep expertise regarding various supplier processes in silicone and plastic injection molding process, connector- and cable design and electronic manufacturing processes
- Medical device manufacturing experience (Desired)
- Solid experience in a mechanical/connector/cable manufacturing environment
- Supplier Management, Supplier Quality, Class 2 and 3 medical device compliance, project management, data analysis, material cost analysis and reductions, vendor validations and process development
- Strong analytical and independent problem solving skills
- Subject Matter Expert in Supply Chain tools, processes and systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Travel as needed to support supplier assessments, development and partner discussions
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top