Product Configuration Specialist
Job TitleProduct Configuration Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Play a pivotal role within our Image Guided Therapy group, working closely with sales and other cross-functional teams to prepare product configurations and sales quotes. This is a high-visibility and impactful role that offers you the chance to learn many aspects of the Philips business.
You are responsible for
- Providing pre-sales technical support to the sales team to achieve accurate and timely configurations that meet our customers' needs
- Handling budgetary quotations, formal quotes and RFQ/tenders
- Working closely with sales, service and operations teams to play an integral support role in the pre-sales process to help achieve sales productivity.
- Preparing sales quotes utilizing knowledge of product configuration; contracts or agreements language; pricing and discounting; company policies; compliance standards and sales processes.
- Obtaining all approvals and documentation required to process a formal customer quote.
- Assisting in communication and management of the pre-sales process with the field sales organization to ensure quotes are placed quickly and efficiently.
In return we offer you
The opportunity to be part of Philips' Image Guided Therapy (IGT) group, an innovative space that is expanding within Philips and the healthcare industry as a whole. In this role you will have the opportunity to work very closely with cross-functional groups to learn the organization and IGT products in depth and breadth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of healthcare experience preferably in medical capital equipment
- Strong technical configuration knowledge of ultrasound, monitoring or imaging medical equipment products
- Ability to learn and understand complex product knowledge and solutions across several business lines
- 2+ years of experience in customer service, Sales background a plus
- Strong knowledge of Sofon/Siebel applications and/or other quoting applications
- Agile thinker possessing creativity, curiosity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Independent thinker who is persistent, resourceful, and resilient
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment with complex undocumented business logic and data flow
- Comfortable and able to thrive in a matrixed organization
- Open and adaptable to new responsibilities, different perspectives, ideas, and people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent time management and organizational skills; extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
You are a part of
Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs approximately 69,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top