Procurement Enginering BP
Job TitleProcurement Enginering BP
Procurement Engineering Manager, Healthcare (Highland Heights, OH)
Leading a team of procurement engineers in the AMI Platform reporting to the Site Director of Procurement Engineering. Responsible for development material procurement plans, tracking and execution as well as leading cross-functional teams from concept to product release and installed-base support. Strong scope definition and delivery directly impacts Philips business goals, the Philips brand, and most important our ability to improve people’s life.
- Leads the CT Procurement Engineering in the Site / Development Center
- Meet all Site / Development related Procurement Objectives/KPI’s (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, # suppliers)
- Achieves product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the Site / Development Center
- Responsible for acting as interface to the Commodity Leaders
- Ensures Site / Development Center spend volume will be managed through the DfX concept
- Responsible for talent management of the procurement Engineering function within the Site / Development Center
- Being a Category Site / Development Center member, provide Leadership and vision to support the organizational Site / Development Center objectives (short & long term)
- Ensures that the Site / Development Center Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated
- Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components
- Executes Site / Development Center requirements for procurement strategy
- Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps)
- Ensures early supplier involvement in the Product Design Process within the Site / Development Center
- Links the new product introduction process with the supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT’s)
- Secures S&OP linkage to component availability
- Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management
- Manages development of Target Cost model of products
- Manages standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement)
- Leads the Supplier Quality Managers who are related to single Site
- Development Center suppliers
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other similar technical area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of proven project management experience leading cross-functional product development projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience working in more than one functional area (operations, engineering, purchasing, quality, sales, etc.), with deep understanding of R&D product development preferred.
- Experience leading projects that span multiple countries preferred.
- Ability to lead by influence required.
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Understanding of financial analysis tools preferred.
- Computer-literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- LEAN / Six-sigma knowledge & Certification preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally with short notice (less than 10%).
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top