Procurement Engineering Business Partner
Procurement Engineering Business Partner
In this role you have the opportunity to
- The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will lead and run all Procurement Engineering activities for assigned Business Scope. This business partner understands the product context End to End in the assigned business scope and delivers business strategies including the strategic cost management vision to the Commodities.
- This business partner leads the DfX concept for the assigned business scope and ensures alignment with all other functional disciplines, market partners and relevant other business entities to make this happen.
- The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will be accountable for the design and creation of the DfX competence within the assigned business scope including management of the related actions to make this happen.
- The Procurement Engineering Business Partner is member of the relevant MT and ensures that business leaders can access all Procurement activities, including Commodity Management teams and O2C.
- The Procurement Engineering Business Partner ensures the involvement of all relevant Commodity Management teams in I2M. They deliver valuable contributions by bringing the entire Procurement network (CM, PE, MPP, Gov and Support) to the equation
You are responsible for
- Leading Procurement Engineering
- Meeting all Category related Procurement Objectives/KPI's (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, # suppliers)
- Achieving product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the category
- Responsible for acting as interface to the Commodity Leaders
- Ensures Category spend volume will be led through the DfX concept
- Responsible for talent management of the procurement Engineering function within the Category
- Being a Category MT member, provide Leadership and vision to support the business objectives (short & long term)
- Ensures that the Category Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated
- Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components
- Executes Category requirements for procurement strategy
- Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps)
- Ensures early supplier involvement in the Product Design Process within the Category
- Links the new product introduction process with the supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT's)
- Secures S&OP linkage to component availability
- Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management
- Leads development of Target Cost model of products
- Leads standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement)
You are part of
Diagnostic Imaging sits at the very heart of the Philips Strategy in the critical areas of Diagnosis and Treatment; it is the largest Business Group in Philips. What this means is that for Philips to win in this area, we deliver first time right diagnosis with personalized and adaptive care pathways. The team of procurement engineering is situated in Hamburg, China, and the US.
To succeed you should have the following skills and experience
- Procurement management professional with 8+ years of experience and a validated track
- Bachelor Degree in a technical relevant discipline (e.g. Electro Technical, Mechanical, Optical, Thermal), Master degree, and / or MBA a plus
- In depth knowledge and understanding of suppliers, business models, key drivers, measures and priorities
- Expertise in the DfX convention approach, cost models, and in applying Value Engineering processes (L2)
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in significant ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top