Procurement Engineer -PMO, Program Manager
Job TitleProcurement Engineer -PMO, Program Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Architect and implement the core Program Management Office (PMO) planning activities for how the Procurement Engineering management team meets its strategic objectives and financial commitments.
You are responsible for
- Support the Program Management Organization (PMO) leader, defining process improvements, ways of working & interfaces with other business functions, ensuring there will not be fundamental strategic and operational disconnects between the PE organization and businesses
- Help identify key priorities and decisions to enable the PE function capture key opportunities to reduce risk, improve supply base performance and increase savings
- Improve & Execute strong operating mechanisms/performance reviews and reporting which include timely communication with business leadership and stakeholders on performance
- Design & maintain central project database & reporting tools (i.e. SMRS) of master data, templates, etc. for existing/future projects, supporting lessons learned & incorporating continuous improvement
- Oversight of the project pipeline through implementation levels, from ideation to completion
- Audit program/project documentation to track progress and escalate information appropriately
- Lead the organization, planning and execution of specific strategic business focused projects, analysis, staff and deliverables concurrently within the project funnel according to the Generic Project Management Process
You are a part of
Within Procurement, we are continually aiming to enable total transformation on a global scale. We not only deliver savings, but we contribute to an entirely new way of working, which positively impacts our colleagues across all Philips' businesses and functions. Having brought that influence to bear across our value chain, we are acknowledged as the Best of the Best World Class Procurement Collaboration initiative, winning the Cross-functional Collaboration Award for 2016. (http://bit.ly/1TO9fC2 see the website from Procurement Leaders)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology or related field, Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience in the discipline of procurement, supply chain and/or program or project management within industries such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, aerospace and/or automotive.
- Ability to define projects and their goals, estimating budgets, risks and resources; also ability to coach and train staff in these areas
- Effective team building skills
- Strong executive presence; ability to influence multiple levels of key stakeholders and management
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership, customer relationship management, and business development
- Excellent presentation, customer service skills and detail-oriented
- Proven experience in a matrix management of multiple operations
- Strong in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
In return, we offer you
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips' achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top