Procurement Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Latham, NY.)
- Troy, NY
Procurement Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Latham, NY.)
Procurement Engineer collaborates with all cross-functional stakeholders and manages early supplier involvement on new product designs in order to ensure business success. This position holder will use an end-to-end approach and close cooperation with the R&D as well as the service department in order to ensure customer satisfaction, high product quality, long-term profitability, and business growth.
You are responsible for
• Representing procurement in the product creation process including leading Design for Excellence (DfX) conventions, identifying supplier technologies and leading supplier selection.
• Identifying and executing supplier improvement projects to control and mitigate procurement related risks (quality, availability, cost).
• Identifying supplier manufacturability issues by collaborating with suppliers and implementing feedback with Engineering.
• Supporting the negotiation teams with conceptual and fact-based information and opportunities to drive significant structural cost reduction improvement.
• Creating a procurement strategy that enables the business road map.
• Providing input to the Commodity teams regarding the supply base characteristics, based on the business requirements.
You are a part of
The Field Generating Unit (FGU) business line, which resides in the Imaging Components (IC) business unit, is the sole R&D and manufacturing location of superconducting magnets, which are used in all of Philips MRI Systems globally. Procurement Engineering has the opportunity to drive early and deep procurement involvement on new platform designs and product enhancements, while focusing on the End2End approach during supplier selection process and product lifecycle management activities. You will be reporting to the Procurement Engineering Manager based in Latham, NY.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
• 7+ years' experience managing supplier relationships, leading suppliers in new product development, and leading supplier improvement projects
• Expertise in value Engineering, Design for Excellence, LEAN, Statistical process control and/or Six Sigma
• Project Management experience with the ability to think strategically in a global environment
• Ability to lead project based Cost Engineering activities, and manage reporting of results within the project teams
• Strong organization, planning and communication skills are required
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to manage cost down initiatives, drive innovation and technology, while ensuring timelines/deliverables stay on track. You will also have the chance to manage the challenging and changing environment, while constantly improving internal processes and business tools.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top