Procurement Engineer Business Partner
Job TitleProcurement Engineer Business Partner
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will lead and manage all Procurement Engineering activities for assigned Business Scope. This business partner understands the product context End to End in the assigned business scope and delivers business strategies including the strategic cost management vision to the Commodities. This business partner owns the DfX concept for the assigned business scope and ensures alignment with all other functional disciplines, market stakeholders and relevant other business entities to make this happen. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will be accountable for the design and creation of the DfX competence within the assigned business scope including management of the related actions to make this happen. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner is member of the relevant MT and ensures that business leaders can access all Procurement activities, including Commodity Management teams and O2C. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner ensures the involvement of all relevant Commodity Management teams
in I2M. They deliver added value by bringing the entire Procurement network (CM, PE, MPP, Gov and Support) to the equation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads Procurement Engineering in the category
- Meet all Category related Procurement Objectives/KPI’s (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, # suppliers)
- Achieves product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the category
- Responsible for acting as interface to the Commodity Leaders
- Ensures Category spend volume will be managed through the DfX concept
- Responsible for talent management of the procurement Engineering function within the Category
- Being a Category MT member, provide Leadership and vision to support the organizational Category objectives (short & long term)
- Ensures that the Category Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated
- Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components
- Executes Category requirements for procurement strategy
- Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps)
- Ensures early supplier involvement in the Product Design Process within the Category
- Links the new product introduction process with the supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT’s)
- Secures S&OP linkage to component availability
- Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management
- Manages development of Target Cost model of products
- Manages standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement)
A procurement expert actively participates in new product introduction projects, sustaining engineering, supplier performance challenges, savings projects, value engineering workshops and DfX programs
Authoritative expert in the quality and cost drivers for major commodities and the associated cost impact on the business.
Placement in the Organization:
Manager typically reporting to the BG Procurement Engineering Business Partner and the Category (Business) Leader
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Electro Technical, Mechanical, Optical, Thermal)
- extended with MBA
- Procurement Management
- Professional with a 8-10 years proven track
- Understanding of suppliers, business models, key drivers, measures and priorities
- Expert in the DfX convention approach
- Expert in applying cost models
- Expert in applying Value Engineering processes (L2)
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top