In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The Procurement Engineer (PE - Platform Project Manager) manages all the procurement activities for achieving product cost-targets and program management for the assigned product/platform. Key partner in significant product cost reduction activities during new product development and sustaining phases. Ensure that all related procurement activities result in the highest product quality & assurance of supply.
- Ensure involvement of the supplier at the earliest "right" moment in the PRP (Product Realization Process).
- Identify target costs and manage product costs within \"product assignments\"
- Leads the Make or Buy analysis (in-sourcing / out-sourcing of parts and production).
- Responsible to develop, communicate, and manage detailed purchasing project schedules that support higher level program schedules, ensuring communication within purchasing and cross functionally.
- Ensuring the achievement of ALL Purchasing targets for the project(s) at milestones (supplier support, cost, on time delivery of materials, quality, qualification of parts, processes and equipment).
- Full Product Cost Management in the assigned product/platform.
- Ensures ramp up and capacity needed upon release (internal coordination, guidance for Supplier Project Lead (SPL).
- Monitor/analyze to ensure accuracy of multi-tier BOM's (completeness of structures, effectivities, BDI linkages-- trigger SPL & Buyer/Planner master data updates -CPAF/MM/etc.) and escalate issues to R&D/CTL.
- Product Platform core team member (actively drives Strategy and performance of platforms).
- Product cost roadmaps and execution (TCO).
- Overall management of Cost Savings Projects.
- Managing/maintaining concept savings.
- X- functional alignment of Phase in / Phase out planning and complex CN/CIPs.
- Deep experience with product cost management.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Experience with global supplier management - strategic and tactical.
- Knowing and understanding broad business perspective.
- Knowledge of Supply management strategies and tools.
- Proven ability to manage relationships at all org. levels.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a complex/global environment.
- 10+ years' experience in high-tech with a focus on supply chain and/or procurement related function.
Other Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- MBA preferred.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Ability to lead teams and influence cross-functional relationships.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and structure.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top