Job TitleProcurement Engineer
In this role you have opportunity to
A procurement expert providing Annual savings through cost down projects,
new product introduction projects, Value engineering workshops and DfX
programs. Authoritative expert in the cost drivers for major commodities and the associated cost impact on the business. Thought leader recognized outside the organization as a cost engineering functional expert
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Technical Know-How, Management Breadth, Human Relation Skills
- Expert in executing and managing Cost Down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Expert in Value Engineering (L2)
- Expert in applying the materials / goods flow knowledge
- Is a knowledge leader regarding the entire costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO etc.) in projects
- Deep knowledge of the long term structural cost drivers for an assigned product/category
- Leading cost engineering teams and developing cost engineering processes
- Training and coaching of other cost engineers
Thinking environment & -challenge
- Cost down projects and new product introduction projects are managed for assigned product portfolio, participates in DfX conventions with specific technical knowledge
- Addresses long-term structural cost reduction challenges with unique and/or cross functional implication.
- Evaluate supply base trends with respect to manufacturing systems and processes and act on the subsequent data collected for the purpose of analysis.
- Is up to date with developments in a major commodity market and the business context relevant to that market, and uses this to provide inputs to business planning and product development strategies.
Freedom to Act, Magnitude, Nature of impact
- Is able to lead complex Cost Engineering and product introduction Projects
- Is able to lead complex Cost Engineering activities, manage reporting of results of complex assignments to steering boards.
- Stimulates significant impact on the bottom line of a Business.
- Drives improvements in total cost improvement in addition to BoM cost improvement.
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top