Job TitleProcurement Engineer
Do you want to make a difference in identifying large cost savings for Philips? Then the Procurement Engineer role is the one for you. We need someone to help drive and execute these changes within the Healthcare Procurement Team.
Respironics Novametrix LLC, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in capnography sensors and related accessories, is looking to expand its Wallingford, CT team. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of medical equipment, or directly to clinical capnography users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of non-invasive cardio-respiratory sensors, measurements, and clinical decision support. Our products are key vital signs measurements found in patient monitor, defibrillators, critical care ventilators and diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices. Research and development are at the core of the future of the respiratory gas measurement field and are a key part of Respironics' strategy for growth.
- A procurement expert actively participates in new product introduction projects, sustaining engineering, supplier performance challenges, savings projects, value engineering workshops and DfX programs
- Authoritative expert in the quality and cost drivers for major commodities and the associated cost impact on the business.
- Manages supplier related activities for defined projects to reduce supplier risk, cost and improve supplier performance
- Provides knowhow about supplier manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Supports or can lead problem resolution with suppliers or parts (Philips caused) in close collaboration with SQE, R&D and Operations.
- Leads supplier selection.
- Drive the deployment of early supplier involvement, ensuring supplier readiness: suppliers deliver to specification, schedule and cost for assigned product or module.
- Ensure effective communication, collaboration and project management with suppliers, for assigned product or modules
- Orders tools and samples related to new product development, oversees realization and ensures a smooth ramp.
- Teams up with Supplier Quality on APQP
- Execute and support phase in – phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction or improvement projects (quality, features, cost, etc).
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short term product cost reduction improvement.
- Maintain updates to the costs for assigned products
- Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up);
- Provides input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements
Placement in the Organization:
- Team member, typically reporting to the Category Procurement Engineering Business Partner
- BS or comparable diploma in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a high volume assembly-type industry in supply chain related functions (i.e. component manufacturers).
- Experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong engineering background with extensive experience in collaborating with R&D required
- Experienced in executing quality improvement and cost down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Experience with APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) preferred.
- Understanding the principles of Value Engineering (L1)
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top