Job TitleProcurement Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the procurement expert providing AOP Savings through cost down projects, new product introduction projects, Value engineering workshops and DfX programs. You will also provide expertise advice on the cost drivers for major commodities and the associated cost impact on the business. You will also be a thought leader as a cost engineering functional expert to the business.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring that optimized TCO (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product and business creation and through their full life cycle, utilizing DFX.
- Driving the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy
- Driving early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing.
- Collaborating with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects
- Supporting price negotiations with opportunities to drive short and long term cost reduction improvement
You are a part of
The Bigger Procurement Function, under the Direct Procurement pillar and directly supporting the Garment Care Business Unit, a big driver in our Philips Personal Health business. You will be part of a 7-man Procurement team, reporting into the Procurement Engineering Business Partner (Director) for Garment Care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10 – 13 years of relevant experience with at least 5 – 8 years of proven track records in Procurement Engineering
- An Expert in executing and managing Cost Down projects; New Product Introduction projects; Value Engineering projects
- Possess deep knowledge of the long term structural cost drivers for an assigned product/category
- Keeps up-to-date with developments in a major commodity market and the business context relevant to that market, and uses this to provide inputs to business planning and product development strategies.
- Ability to stimulate significant impact on the bottom line of a Business. Drives improvements in total cost improvement in addition to BoM cost improvement.
- Ability to think out of the box
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top