Job TitleProcess Technician
An opportunity has arisen for an Injection Mould Setter/Process Technician at our site in Sudbury, Suffolk. The Injection Mould Setter/ Process Technician is responsible for ensuring all the equipment within the allocated area is set up and running in accordance with setting sheets and defined process parameters. First line problem solver when process is running out of specification in terms of product quality or process output/performance.
- Conduct Daily Value Stream Machine Safety checks, Process Checks, and Moisture Checks
- Conduct TPM Activities in accordance with each specific Equipment Schedule, this will include the training of TPM activities to relevant Team members
- Carry out first line maintenance activities, assessing breakdowns and escalate issues when necessary.
- Ensure processes are always running to the correct setting sheet and escalate as appropriate if found outside of these conditions.
- Carry out in a safe and efficient manner, process setting activities which include Mould changes, Mould setting, Colour changes, Foil changes and Material changes.
- Assist in conducting trials when required.
- Liaise with the Tool room regarding tooling related issues beforetaking action.
- Identify and eliminate process and engineering issues that contain elements of waste
- Coaching and training operators in TPM deployment
- Data capture for process capability study (spc etc)
- Partcipate in Standard Work and 6S Activities across Site
- Participate in value stream problem board meetings, including GEMBAH
- Liaise with Group Leaders / Team Leaders with regards to production priorities.
- Work with Group Leader / Maintenance Manager in reducing downtime on value stream equipment.
- Maintain Housekeeping standards through 6S Adherence
- Recording of Data through Electronic Management device
You will report into the Lead Process Technician, and work within a larger team to support the needs of the business.
This position will be based from our Glemsford site. This role will working Monday to Friday, on a three week shift rotation. Shift patterns are; 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm to 6am. .
We are looking for
- Experience in Silicone injection moulding an advantage
- Experience in Thermal Plastic Moulding an advantage
- Previous Technical experience would be an advantage
- Previous Experience with injection Moulding machines and tools
- Experience within an established, process orientated manufacturing environment
- Experience of Mould changes , Mould setting and Colour changes
- Experience of Robotics, Handling Devices and Sprue Separators
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive base salary
- Access to private healthcare insurance
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
- Subsidised Café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site
- Social Events – a dedicated Sports & Social committee with members in Guildford and Cambridge, promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top